+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

buglover, I hope tomorrow's CT results show that Victor is headed in the right direction. He's a spunky young man whose spirit I admire.

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4153085;
    Stubborn but alive. The treatment drains him mentally and physically and it gives him the runs. The runs are supposed to stop a week or so after treatment but for some reason he has them all the time. Finding the right balance between immodium and not; we are still working on that... He had a slight fever early this morning but as soon as I took him off his memory foam bed he cooled down within 10 minutes. Those things are comfy but they really make your body hot! Of course he is supposed to be drinking over 2 liters of liquid each day and as a lovely teenager, he fights it the whole day. He has lost nearly 20lbs since the beginning of December but he is still fighting with me so I think he must be ok! We get our CT scan tomorrow morning so we will know if any of the mets in his lungs have shrunk or if there are more. Depending on how these tests go we will begin treatment again at the end of the month.
    Hi buglover...I am a bit of a wallflower, so you really don't know me, but I read all of these forums regularly and feel like I know many of you. I follow this thread and my heart just goes out to so many and I do pray regularly for those who share their troubles.

One of my sons is the same age as Victor...I just cannot imagine. I just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you both are. Your grace and strength as you deal with this is just amazing to me. You are always so kind and caring for others here who are struggling even as you go through your own battle. It touches my heart and as I said, inspires me. I just wanted to let you know. God bless you.

FORT Fogey

Bug -- my thoughts and prayers go with you all the time. I hope Victor's scans show improvement, and that this will give you and all of us hope for the future.

Bug, thanks for sharing about Victor. I have you both in my thoughts daily. I hope for good news tomorrow. Victor is certainly giving this fight everything that he has. What a champion!

Unklescott, Zac is missed, he was a special young man.

It was so good to hear your voice yesterday Bug and you know that boy is in every one of my prayers.

MRD

Bug, know that I'm still sending you everything I can to you and Victor both and I will be doubling up on that today for good CT results.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good luck today Bug! Let us know how things go.
    Bunny - I'm so glad you're back among us.
    Count your blessings!

I agree about my FoRT buddies-I wouldn't have been able to get through 2008 without you all! Losing a child was one of the toughest things, but it also let me know how strong I was. I still miss him everyday, but know that he is fine and at peace. I guess the pain is different now. I'm more able to remember the good times and the funny ones, as well as the arguments, too. I think I'm different now-more letting go of the small stuff and choosing my "battles" carefully. For everyone in ForT, peace and lots of hugs!

Bug - Best wishes to Victor. I hope the CT scan comes back with good news!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Bug keeping you and Victor in my prayers, hope you get good news.
    Unk I think of Zac often.

+ Reply to Thread