+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2019Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I have been thinking of her and her son all week. Thanks for letting us know angelic They remain in my prayers.

Thank you for the update. I've be thinking of her and her son and keeping them in my prayers.

Just was told this morning that my 83 year old mother will never be able to walk again and that we will have to transfer her to an assisted living facility. She will not get to come home to the house she loves. She has alzheimers and she has fallen twice the last week and she has a compressed fracture in her lower spine and is in terrible pain. They have said it is just a matter of time.

Very sorry to hear this, nennie. It's so hard to see our parents aging. Hang in there, I know it's very difficult. I'm keeping you and your family close in thoughts and prayers.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm sorry about your mother, nennie. I remember my grandmother was about the same age when she fell and broke her hip. Rehab was not an option for her and she had to make the adjustment of moving into a nursing facility. With the injury she has sustained perhaps the assisted living facility is the best option for your mom. As angelic said, it's so hard to watch your once vital parents age and their health deteriorate.

Thank you ladies. This afternoon they put my mom on oxygen because her levels started declining and her BP is declining to. I am blessed to have 2 brothers and 2 sisters who are there doing all they can. My mom has a spot on her brain that is blood vessels and we knew that but apparently it has grown and that is one of the reasons she has been falling more. Surgery on her compressed fractured discs and her brain are not options.

My heart is with you as you go through this difficult part of life, nennie.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Nennie -- I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts. We all have to go through this uncomfortable part of life. Unpleasant as it is, we all get through it and keep the wonderful memories of our folks in our hearts.

nennie: I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. It must be very difficult for you and your family. You're in my prayers.

nennie - so sorry for those tough health problems with your mom. My 87 year old dad sees his surgeon this week about his hip which has been replaced but is again worn out and failing. They can do surgery, but there is a great chance that the surgery could kill him. He can hardly stand up anymore. He is very busy kind of guy, so this is tough.

+ Reply to Thread