+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

nennie: It sounds like he is getting the best care possible, and will be for many years, medically, as well as from family. He already sounds like a tough little guy, sometimes its harder on us then on them.

Wishing you and your family all good things as you sort through this unknown type of diabetes. Keep us posted.

He is a tough happy little guy. He was in NICU twice in the first month of his life and had to have a blood transfusion on the second go round of hospital stay. He was a tiny little guy when born and they feel a lot of his diabetes can be stress related to him being ill at first. He is doing really good at this point and he has gained weight and looks really healthy. We as a family are making plans for his treatment as he gets older should this not go away. The saddest thing is every night after his daddy gives him his insulin shot he walks into the kitchen and cries. It breaks his heart. I have to say that I am so blessed to have a son-in-law that absolutely loves his kids.

Nennie, my very dear friend has a daughter who was diagnosed at around age 2, so not neo-natal but very young. When they diagnosed her, she had slipped into a diabetic coma. They had no idea.

They have had to give her insulin, but have done a great job controlling it through diet as well. She's a very healthy and happy 8 year old right now. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;4140036;
    I don't want to call this trouble but it is a challenge. My grandson who is 4 months old was diagnosed with neonatal diabetes. He was 11 weeks old when they found it. They got the genetic testing back today and his is a mutation they know nothing about and so they will have to start trying to figure it out. He is on an insulin shot once a day and they have to test his blood sugar every 3-4 hours to make sure it is staying in range. When they knew something was wrong with him his blood sugar in the hospital went to 515. Thank God they got it in control. The one thing I am so glad of is my daughter is such a good mother and she will be on top of this and will do all the research she can to see what she can do to help it.
    Thank God, I completely agree. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne;4140938;
    Thank God, I completely agree. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank You BlondeOne.

My family is very familiar with diabetes as it runs on both sides of the family. My father in law was a very bad diabetic and a nephew was diagnosed as a juvenile diabetic and I have a brother who is a diabetic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;4140951;
    Thank You BlondeOne.

My family is very familiar with diabetes as it runs on both sides of the family. My father in law was a very bad diabetic and a nephew was diagnosed as a juvenile diabetic and I have a brother who is a diabetic.

Nennie -- believe it or not, familiarity with a disease makes it easier to do what is right. My dad had a chronic disease, and now my sister and I have it. Just knowing what I can do to help myself has made it easier for me. As my 8th grade teacher said so many years ago "Knowledge is Power."

My daughter left to drive back to Miami this morning and I still haven't heard from her nor will she answer her phone. When I do speak to her she is going to get an earful! She lnows better than to do this.

Well I just found out that she is in a hospital in NC after a car accident so I am heading for the airport. My parents were killed by a drunk driver in NC 32 years ago.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 01-09-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4143422;
    Well I just found out that she is in a hospital in NC after a car accident so I am heading for the airport. My parents were killed by a drunk driver in NC 22 years ago.
    OMG!! I was just going to post that I hope everything is ok. Sorry about your parents and I will be praying for your family.

Oh Bunny I hope everything is ok. Keep me posted, you have my cell.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread