+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1967Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Buglover, so glad to hear good news about Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4134874;
    It sounds like you're doing everything right. Live your life the best you can, take care of your boys and you have nothing to worry about. What could DCFS possibly do if all is ok in your family?? Mr. Spermdonor has got too many bad marks against him to be able to cause you any problems w/the boys. Not paying support he'll get away with for awhile but not forever. But even if he does, you have the boys and you will teach them how not to go to jail and how to treat others, etc. That's what really counts in the long run.
    You can't fool kids, they always know the truth.
    Thanks. I am certainly not perfect but, who is? I agree 100% with what you said. I tell them at least 3 times a week...You HAVE to be productive members of society. That and be a good person on the inside or you will be ugly on the outside. Also...TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE!! ROFL

Bug, as I was driving through your area yesterday afternoon, I was hoping and praying that Victor was doing well - it is great to see your post! I hope he continues to feel better and can enjoy ringing in the new year! Thanks for the update.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just catching up from being away--glad for the good news about Victor, bug, but the yoyo cycle you all have been in must be so exhausting for all of you emotionally. Hoping for a nice "good news plateau" for a while for you!

Blondeone--I agree with what everyone above said, including check with a lawyer, especially because of one thing no one else asked about--you mention that saying he must see them where you are is not in accord with your visitation agreement. If that's so you need to update it, ASAP, in case he ever does get serious about seeing them. If he has battery charges against him from hurting the younger one then it shouldn't be too hard to move to supervised visitation where you live as the new standard.

I don't want to call this trouble but it is a challenge. My grandson who is 4 months old was diagnosed with neonatal diabetes. He was 11 weeks old when they found it. They got the genetic testing back today and his is a mutation they know nothing about and so they will have to start trying to figure it out. He is on an insulin shot once a day and they have to test his blood sugar every 3-4 hours to make sure it is staying in range. When they knew something was wrong with him his blood sugar in the hospital went to 515. Thank God they got it in control. The one thing I am so glad of is my daughter is such a good mother and she will be on top of this and will do all the research she can to see what she can do to help it.

Bug, so glad to hear the good news about Victor feeling better. You continue to be in my thoughts.

BlondeOne, I admire your resolve and love your sense of humor! Also love that you'd tell him that you've raised the boys to be nothing like him.

I can't offer any advice but I believe in the power of venting.

bug and Victor, many prayers and blessings for you both. What inspirations you both are! Thank you.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;4140036;
    I don't want to call this trouble but it is a challenge. My grandson who is 4 months old was diagnosed with neonatal diabetes. He was 11 weeks old when they found it. They got the genetic testing back today and his is a mutation they know nothing about and so they will have to start trying to figure it out. He is on an insulin shot once a day and they have to test his blood sugar every 3-4 hours to make sure it is staying in range. When they knew something was wrong with him his blood sugar in the hospital went to 515. Thank God they got it in control. The one thing I am so glad of is my daughter is such a good mother and she will be on top of this and will do all the research she can to see what she can do to help it.
    Wow... I had not heard of neonatal diabetes. All the juvenile diabetes cases I knew of were at least late preschool and usually older when it appeared. Certainly good they caught it... 515 is extremely high. Best of luck to your daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4140074;
    Wow... I had not heard of neonatal diabetes. All the juvenile diabetes cases I knew of were at least late preschool and usually older when it appeared. Certainly good they caught it... 515 is extremely high. Best of luck to your daughter.
    Neonatal diabetes was only discovered in the last 5 or 6 years and is very rare. He was diagnosed at OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City and he will be a case study for a long time. He has a great team of pediatric endocrinologists who see to him.

FORT Fogey

Nennie -- Yes it is a trouble, and it is a challenge. I have no firsthand knowledge of neonatal diabetes, but my husband's endocrinologist is a type I (meaning he got it in childhood) and his big mantra is control of diet.
    There is a lot of research going on, and there are support groups and, of course, the American Diabetes Association.

Wishing you and your family the best of everything as you face this. Be as positive as you can, so your positive attitude will extend to your grandson as he becomes older and more aware of his condition. It will help him to cooperate with the necessary regimen and avoid complications.

+ Reply to Thread