+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I'm sure there will be lots of us sending you positive energy waves, gutmutter!
    Me included.
    Hang in there and I'll be sending you good vibes.

Gutmutter, I am sorry to hear about your news. My prayers are with you. Sending you comfort and strength!

My grandmother had breast cancer 20 years ago. She is now in her 80's and dances til dawn! I have another friend who was diagnosed 3 years ago and is cancer free.

You have such an excellent attitude and outlook! You are an AMAZING woman!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I just recently had a medical emergency (but im not used to posting my problems online ... i find it weird, so this is a first for me as well)

I go to university and I go to the university gym (fitness club) usually everyday after class, and one wednesday (2 weeks ago) i was running on the treadmill as usual and I passed out, while running on the treadmill I had a seizure and passed out and suffered from some internal bleeding. I was carried out on a stretcher and spent a couple nights in the hospital. The first few weeks were really bad (vomiting like 4 times a day, migraine headaches, unable to move my entire right side) but now im fine i just cant really do anything for 2-3 months

bob, praying for your speedy recovery!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    bob, praying for a quick, healthy recovery
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

CCL
    Bob - the first thing I thought of when I saw your name & what happened was Rebecca in ANTM! How scary. Keep your feet up & take care.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Just want to vent here ... My daughter has just a few days of the 4th grade before summer vacation, and I am counting down the seconds! All of her friends and peers have been so flaky and mean to her this past year! Some days they're wonderful and sweet, and other days they're just plain mean. I've heard it's typical, pre-puberty adolescent behavior, and that it will probably get worse before it gets better, but I don't know how much more I can take. (Funny, I think it affects me more than my daughter!) It's hard to bite my tongue, but I guess that's the best tact for me to take, and am hoping they all work it out soon. I'm sure it's not unusual for 10-year old girls to act this way, but frankly, it's really getting me down. My daughter is pretty, a little on the heavy side, but very sweet and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She is an average student. Guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope it gets better. Anyone else going through this?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut
    Just want to vent here ... My daughter has just a few days of the 4th grade before summer vacation, and I am counting down the seconds! All of her friends and peers have been so flaky and mean to her this past year! Some days they're wonderful and sweet, and other days they're just plain mean. I've heard it's typical, pre-puberty adolescent behavior, and that it will probably get worse before it gets better, but I don't know how much more I can take. (Funny, I think it affects me more than my daughter!) It's hard to bite my tongue, but I guess that's the best tact for me to take, and am hoping they all work it out soon. I'm sure it's not unusual for 10-year old girls to act this way, but frankly, it's really getting me down. My daughter is pretty, a little on the heavy side, but very sweet and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She is an average student. Guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope it gets better. Anyone else going through this?

My sister is going through this with my nephew. He is going to be 11 in July and the kids are so mean. I don't ever remember being like that when I was his age. He is also a little overweight also, but has a heart of gold. Hopefully, these kids will outgrow this petty bickering. Good luck with your daughter
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My accident was actually a lot like what happened to Rebecca on ANTM4, just throw in a treadmill to the mix

Bob and Inside - I wish you guys the best! And it does seem like kids are getting meaner, although I have no fond memories from 4th grade myself.

I have a light trouble here. I'm young, single, and a wee bit longing. There's this guy I am now working with, that although about 15 years older than me, I had a crush on when I used to see him on the bus for the past three years. Now I work next to him. (he looks like Hugh Laurie from House).

Anyway, I'll never do anything about it because he has a family and kid, I just think he's good looking. And when I got a paper cut today and it was bloody, he offered to clean it and put on the bandaid, and that sent my heart thumping! (I declined and hope he doesn't read this board)

So, slight trouble - it will pass, slight crush compounded by the fact that I'm turning 28 soon and don't even have a date. #sigh#

+ Reply to Thread