+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Maybe people just don't have enough to do?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Buglover keeping you and Victor in my thoughts and prayers.

I think people like to focus on other people's lives, so they don't have to think about their own problems and issues.
    So glad that I don't have to deal with the public and employees anymore. Just have to deal with cattle, and I can't understand them if they talk about me.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

buglover I am praying for Victor with all my might, and his lioness Mom as well. I love you.

MRD

Buglover, Keeping you and Victor in my heart and sending white light and healing energy.

My thoughts and prayers are going out tonight to everyone that is strugging with a relative or co-worker who is battling cancer right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Buglover -- just adding more prayers and thoughts to those already posted.

My thoughts are with Victor, Bug and Rattus and my Mom's prayer group has Victor's name and Rattus' first name. Each day, I'm going to visualize Victor and Rattus being surrounded by health.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4090087;
    How old does one have to be before there stops being workplace drama, like in grade school, middle school, etc? I just never allowed myself to get involved in it, from day 1. It's like one big family where some people like each other and others don't. I believe in being cordial and friendly...not overly involved. I just kept moving.
    It never stops. I have never worked anywhere where there wasn't some drama involved and one person who had to keep stirring the pot.
    Petty jealousies, imagined slights and other crap all contributed to drama. I try to avoid it as well.
    A good manager will keep it to a minimum. I did work ONE place where we had a good manager that didn't allow this to happen. Once she left, the entire place split into 2 factions and neither one had anything to do wtih the other and the drama level was ridiculous.

I don't know why grownups can't behave like grownups.

That said, I am now unemployed again. Was laid off along with several other people last week. They not only are not opening the office I was hired for, but they closed 3 others. I have been searching for jobs, but most likely am moving back to SC on the 6th so I can avoid paying another months rent, so chances of finding a job in 10 days are slim.
    I really don't want to go back. But afraid I'm going to have too. I can't afford to stay.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bummer! I swear, it's like you're caught in "Hell's whirlwind". I'm wishing you luck. You're overdue.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

New trouble....... a while back I received a bill from an attorney I had seen 8 years prior to discuss how to go about requesting more child support from my ex. I paid her at the visit and never spoke with her again. The bill had been for a telephone consult and was 25 dollars. I called the attorney and said this is a mistake, I haven't seen or spoken with her in years. She agreed and said she would take care of it. I had left 5 messages for the accounting manager they used but had never heard back from her. Yesterday, I got a bill from the same attorney's office for an express mail charge (something they must have sent on this person's behalf) for 18.30. Again, I have not seen or spoken with this attorney in 8 years. I left a message at her office and 2 messages with the accounting person asking that they remove this from my name/address and also take me out of their system so this does not happen again. I left 3 phone numbers I can be reached at and requested a phone call back to confirm they have taken care of this. No phone call and the accountant is still not answering the phone.......... I have enough to deal with all the medical bills for my son, doctor visits, etc and now I have to deal with chasing these people down to have them confirm that they have taken this off my address/name. I suppose I can drive to her office which is 45 miles away, hope that someone is there and demand they look into this but I feel I shouldn't have to. GRRRRRR
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4092160;
    New trouble....... a while back I received a bill from an attorney I had seen 8 years prior to discuss how to go about requesting more child support from my ex. I paid her at the visit and never spoke with her again. The bill had been for a telephone consult and was 25 dollars. I called the attorney and said this is a mistake, I haven't seen or spoken with her in years. She agreed and said she would take care of it. I had left 5 messages for the accounting manager they used but had never heard back from her. Yesterday, I got a bill from the same attorney's office for an express mail charge (something they must have sent on this person's behalf) for 18.30. Again, I have not seen or spoken with this attorney in 8 years. I left a message at her office and 2 messages with the accounting person asking that they remove this from my name/address and also take me out of their system so this does not happen again. I left 3 phone numbers I can be reached at and requested a phone call back to confirm they have taken care of this. No phone call and the accountant is still not answering the phone.......... I have enough to deal with all the medical bills for my son, doctor visits, etc and now I have to deal with chasing these people down to have them confirm that they have taken this off my address/name. I suppose I can drive to her office which is 45 miles away, hope that someone is there and demand they look into this but I feel I shouldn't have to. GRRRRRR
    Send them a certified letter with the request. You get the receipt back that they received it and then you can call and leave a message that you KNOW they got the letter as you have the receipt where they signed for it. Then if you get anymore bills from them, keep sending them a copy of the letter and the signed receipt.
    DON'T DRIVE THERE. That is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4092044;
    Bummer! I swear, it's like you're caught in "Hell's whirlwind". I'm wishing you luck. You're overdue.
    Tell me about it. I'm looking for a witch doctor to break whatever curse I have on me.

I did buy a lottery ticket for tonight. I figure I'm overdue in the good luck department and maybe if my luck changes, this will be how. (one can always hope and it was only a buck)

+ Reply to Thread