+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Buglover my thoughts and prayers are with Victor and you.

My right hand man at work, Bob who I have worked with and built our department together for 15 years had a golf ball size growth in his colon that wasn't there 5 years ago when he had a colonoscopy. On Monday he is going in for a full colonoscopy to see if there is anything else before the surgery on Nov 1st to remove this growth.

I do hope everything goes well.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm having LOT of trouble getting here and staying here the last few days. VERY FRUSTRATING!!! What's going on?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Gutmutter -- Goodmorning: There is an entire thread devoted to this problem under announcements/help desk. We are all in the same rowboat. Since it is TV Guide's problem to fix, Hepcat advised it will probably not get resolved until Monday morning.

Work has been a nightmare this week. My boss got fired for some reason. It's all very hush-hush. But he was a terrific boss and everyone really liked him. Now we are stuck with the big boss and he's a tyrant. Everyone is miserable because he is constantly looking over our shoulders, so to speak. What used to be a fun, productive environment has turned into hell. They are taking apps for his replacement but it's just not happening soon enough.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nothing worse than micro-management.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The worst part is.....they are considering a girl (A) from our department. She's nice enough but she's feuding with another girl (B). Girl A is mad because girl B is dating a guy at work. Girl A has been friends with him for a long time and was BFF's with girl B. Well, girl A never told girl B that she had had a fling with the guy. I'll point out now that girl A has fiance and they've been together over 10 years and have 3 kids. She has no plans to leave him. Girl B didn't know about the fling when she started dating the guy. So now, girl A and all of her friends refuse to speak to girl B. I was friends with girl A until I said I didn't have a dog in the fight and wasn't going to ignore girl B. Still following? LOL....Anyway, girl A put in for the job of supervisor and from what I hear, is seriously being considered for the position. If that happens, girl (C) ...ME....will be looking for another job STAT. And yes, the head honcho knows all of this and is still considering her. I hate factories. The drama knows no bounds.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Buglover, I don't even know what to say. I hope Victor is not in too much pain and that his medical team will somehow find a way to get his disease under control. I'm praying for the best.

JavaJo, that kind of stuff is one reason that I was actually glad to be laid off last year; after 25 years of that BS it's amazing to be away from it. I'm sure it goes on at all jobs, but when a production department has 100 employees that all worked together pretty much forever, the atmosphere ended up unbearable with all the drama, innuendo, lies, and rumors to deal with daily in addition to the actual work which was NOT easy!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I guess there are politics in every line of work. I try to stay out of as much as I can, but then I'm always out of the loop finding out someone's getting married, having a kid, etc.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How old does one have to be before there stops being workplace drama, like in grade school, middle school, etc? I just never allowed myself to get involved in it, from day 1. It's like one big family where some people like each other and others don't. I believe in being cordial and friendly...not overly involved. I just kept moving.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4090087;
    How old does one have to be before there stops being workplace drama, like in grade school, middle school, etc? I just never allowed myself to get involved in it, from day 1. It's like one big family where some people like each other and others don't. I believe in being cordial and friendly...not overly involved. I just kept moving.
    Shay -- my husband retired 4 years ago after a 42 yr career with the same employer. Why did he retire? The drama and all that other high school stuff. He loved his job but he said "ok, enough." It does not end...ever.

+ Reply to Thread