+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I made it through the worst part of my day, now I have lunch, prep, and 2 classes watching Cyrano de Bergerac in French. Then I can go home make some homemade chicken soup and tea, and whip out my Kindle. I'm reading a Tom Robbins novel (Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas) that I liked the first time around, but loaned out and never got back. One of the advantages of the Kindle... so sorry, can't loan you my book.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't forget your neti pot!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well looks like my son has a new tumor growing on his liver....... his tiny little liver. It is about 1.7 cm in size which isn't huge, but this cancer grows at an alarming rate. There are new mets on his lungs. Instead of two mets, he now has 6. We go back on Tuesday to see the oncologist about what to do next. Obviously he won't pass away in the next few months, but the lung mets have multiplied in just one month. If they continue like this, his lungs will be covered within 6 months. Grrrr..........
    Yup, with donuts!!

Blessings to you and your son, buglover. May the medical staff be as courageous as you and he, and skilled. They've come a long way in the last number of years.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Oh bug, I'm so sorry to hear that. There are no answers as to why anyone has to go through this horrible disease. I hope he somehow finds comfort knowing many people are praying for him.

One of my co workers went for her yearly mammogram last Friday. She is 60 yrs old, looks 45 yrs old, probably 110 pounds, never smoked, doesn't drink, walk 5 miles per day, and goes to the gym regularly. They found a small mass, Tuesday, yes, just like that, its breast cancer, Friday surgery. We are waiting for more information. Please keep her in your prayers.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 10-22-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Victor and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers bug.

Gutmutter - Spend the weekend relaxing in your new home, reading your kindle, and getting over that nasty cold! I hope you feel better soon!

buglover - I am so sorry to hear about the new tumors. Victor and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

GuardianAngel - I'm so sorry for your friend. It sounds like she's otherwise strong and healthy so I hope she is able to bounce back from the surgery quickly and that they get it all. She is in my prayers.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Bug -- OMG I am so terribly saddened by your news. I pray for you, for Victor and for your entire family at this terrible time. May the Lord be merciful to all of you.

Bug, thanks for letting us know about Victor's latest news. He has overcome so much in the last few months, but this news is tough to take. I am hoping for that miracle for him, I know he needs a lot to go right in this battle.

My sil is currently in her own fight with cancer and having a very tough time. She has two young kids and my wonderful brother who had prostrate cancer a year ago.

We have much to be angry about when it comes to cancer. to all who are feeling the pain it brings.

Buglover - sorry to hear your news about Victor. I'll keep you both close to my heart.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread