+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4088242;
    Yikes!!! 100G?
    Yeah, now I won't feel all that bad about losing my $900 deposit.

This can be a big money business, IF you know what you're doing. But if you're gonna bluff, you either need to be really good at it, or at least be holding some of the cards. Not in this case and he gambled and lost.

Investors are taking advantage of the foreclosures and are getting properties cheap and making a tidy profit on them. Nothing like they did 4 or more years ago, but still even in this business, $100,000 is a pretty big hit.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Mrd, I hope that whatever happens on Friday, you can still have a good day and a great weekend.
    You hit the bottom, and now, you are on the upward swing.

FORT Fogey

MRD -- hang in there, as you have done so many times before. You are in my thoughts.

MRD

Ya know, I feel GREAT! I really do. I woke up today and decided that I have no control over this so it's pointless to worry or fret.

And I have the strangest feeling that there is something much better coming and it's going to be a relief tomorrow to get out of that stressful situation.

I have been the happiest today that I've been in MONTHS!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4088897;
    Ya know, I feel GREAT! I really do. I woke up today and decided that I have no control over this so it's pointless to worry or fret.

And I have the strangest feeling that there is something much better coming and it's going to be a relief tomorrow to get out of that stressful situation.

I have been the happiest today that I've been in MONTHS!!!!
    I know this feeling and every time I consider getting frustrated with my current situation, I remember how much worse it was. It's STILL a relief to be out of an untenable situation, and MRD, with the year you've had, I believe something wonderful is coming your way.

I reallly struggled this summer when people told me "Everything happens for a reason" when I was basically homeless and broke, but now, 5 months later, I couldn't be happier. I love my new home.
    On a down note, I'm sick... bad cold sick - nothing huge, but I feel so lousy. I took Nyquil last night and got 10 hours of sleep. Hoping coffee and a hot shower wake me up enough to get to work.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Gut -- sorry to know you are not feeling well. This is a stinky season for colds and the like. Hopefully the coming weekend will give you time to rest and recoup. Best wishes!! columbia

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Hope you feel better soon Gut.
    Just count down the hours until you can be in your nice comfy chair, something warm to drink and your Kindle.
    We need rain to clean up our air... My allergies are driving me nuts.

I've had a lousy week with allergies too, after we went to the AKC/CFA Meet the Breeds event last week... a giant room full of dogs and cats overpowered my Allegra.

Of course, this time last year I had H1N1, so I guess by comparison allergies isn't so bad.

I have been yucky sick since last Friday. By Sunday, I was worse and went to the walk in clinic. I was given a $75 prescription which has been helping. Yesterday I came across an article on a recipe for homemade rosehip tea. Since we don't have any rosehip leaves around here, I did some searching and found rosehip tea, in regular tea bags at the local health store. I picked up a box had a tea before bed last night, and didn't wake up at all during the night coughing. Today I'm feeling almost back to normal.

Here is the recipe in case anyone wants it.

2 tblspoons of crushed rosehip leaves
    A sprig of Rosemary
    A sprig of Thyme
    5 Melissa Leaves

Steep for 10 minutes in hot boiled water.

+ Reply to Thread