+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

MRD -- I wish you continued strength in your decisions and the ability to "roll with the punches." Will continue to hope that things turn out well for you.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, I like the way you are sounding.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sorry...I didn't mean to step on toes, but you asked us not to tell you to be strong, that it will be ok, that we feel bad for you,or anything like that, so I've been avoiding replying. To me it sounded like you didn't really want to be in that house to start with but felt you had to be due to work. So not paying the rent, and using that money for a deposit on something less expensive seems to make sense to me, and the post was intended to point out that maybe the job loss will be positive. But I'm easily confused, so will just stay off the subject.
    Anyway, I hope you don't get laid off; the shorter hours would let you look for alternatives while still getting paid something. I'm probably going to sound like an ass again, but I loved my old job for about 23 years; the last three I hated it but hung in there by mentally repeating "This job is not ME, it is a source of money and that's ALL". Finding out t I was probably about to get laid off soon actually made it easier, because as long as I did what I was supposed to, I didn't really care what was going on with the company, people I worked with, and so forth. Maybe if you look at the job that way you will be less stressed.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4083460;
    I've got a huge test in Biology tomorrow that I need to study for and I don't need this crap!
    I'm sorry you're having all this trouble; that's why I stay far, far away from Facebook. I've got a page,without any pictures or anything yet but only had 2 'friends", which I did deleted because I will be setting that page up strictly as a means of pimping my kitty beds and my future career as a VT; I don't want discussions of people's lives and pictures of whatever all over the page.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think everyone knows that Facebook doesn't fact check, so ignore the drama and maybe there won't be any and baby mama will just seem like a nutcase to anyone who sees the page. But if they know her it's probably obvious already!

Good luck on the Bio. test. I've got an Algebra one tonight. Wanna trade? I LIKE biology and didn't struggle with it TOO much , although it's sure different now than it was the last time I took it in college; I got an A but not an easy A
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD, fingers crossed that everything works out well for you!

QueenB and Lil Bit, good luck on your tests!

MRD, did I ever mention that I am a pretty big University of Georgia fan? My daughter just graduated there in May, I went there for awhile and it's my dad's alma mater along with various cousins and friends. My point? Hmm, don't have one, just wanted to say to a true Gator girl, "Sic 'em!!"
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

No thanks queenb. My brain has a tendency to block anything math related. Good luck with your Algebra test. I'm sure you'll do great.

(btw, I got an A on both my Bio test and my Accounting test that I took yesterday! )

I try very hard not to let her get to me, but I guess we all have our breaking point. She may have gone overboard this time though. My son contacted the child support people and their records show that he is still working, still making his payments, and is not in arrears. They also have no record or recollection of his ex calling them to get this "information." When he confronted her with this, she got mad and hung up on him. So, the exchange should be interesting this weekend.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Queenb, you aren't stepping on toes.

Yes, the house is too expensive, but I love it and living in it has made a HUGE difference in me. To finally have my own home. To be working and supporting myself for the first time in over 23 years. All that has made me feel so good. And now the issues at work.
    And yeah, I tell myself every morning and have since day one: they pay you well and you have great benefits. That's the only way I can do it.

Then they cut my hours back.

Then this week happened.

So, on top of the house expense, moving even to a cheaper place requires not only house deposits, but fees to move the electricity, etc. that I haven't even gotten billed for on this house yet.
    Believe me, I would move if I could. But have been going over and over the money thing and looking at alternatives all sorts of different ways to try to make it work.

I am looking for other jobs. They are few and far between here. Unemployment in this area is running at about 20%. It's not great here. It was one of the hardest hit areas of Florida. And why was my business doing well? Because people with money can now buy Florida vacation homes that should be running about $150,000 for $50,000. We are doing more cash deals than we are doing loans at the moment because you can pick up homes here that cheap. And the investors are back. The ones that started this bubble and crash in the first place. And it's rare now that we see anything over $100,000.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Crossing my fingers for you, mrd, on both the good news and the bad news fronts! I'm glad you've at least enjoyed the expensive house you got forced into!

MRD

Axe day is Friday. Supervising manager set up an appt. to see me IN PERSON (I've seen her face to face twice in 2 1/2 months and she's my actual boss) on Fri. afternoon. Fri. is also the last day of this pay period.

Don't have to be a psychic to see this coming.

I have worked out a contingency plan and am meanwhile sending out resumes.

But to really condense a long story. The idiot that caused the problems that led to my company not opening the office I was to manage, lost the sale of the house that he raised such a fuss about that led to the problems. The seller is his close friend who is also my landlord. Soooooo. This particular idiot just cost his friend about $50,000 by acting like a jerk. That is the profit the guy would have made on a house he owned for 30 days and the rent I would have paid him for a year. (2 diff. houses)

Plus this idiot cost his partners about the same amount or more from losing the rent my company was paying to be in their office and the marketing fees they were too get.
    I would sure hate to be this guy right now. His nasty temper and bullying just cost over $100,000 to his friend and his partners. Boo hoo. Instant Karma. Love it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yikes!!! 100G?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread