+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks guys. I've been thinking about all the years I had that were relatively problem free, so guess I was due, but dayum did it all have to happen in the same year? It has been one thing after another.

I have never expected to get rich (except on the occasions I buy a lottery ticket. ), but I would like to pay my bills, have enough left over to save and to have a little fun with. I don't think that's asking a lot.

But you guys have been wonderful as one thing after another has happened this year. I have no doubt that my online FORT family has done a lot to lift my spirits.

And Ellen, thanks. I need a less stressful job. I got out of this business 20 years ago because I couldn't handle the stress. And in 20 years the stress part of it hasn't changed. In fact, due to the current real estate situation, it's gotten worse.

Interestingly enough, this is the first "event" in 7 months that I actually feel calm about. I know I'm going to get laid off. BUT, I am ok with it. I said last week that I felt like something had "happened" and that my life was finally starting to turn around (this was after the hours and pay cuts at work). Then had VERY good news over the weekend. HOpeful news. And then this happens and strangely enough, I feel good about this. Maybe just satisfaction that I handled myself well in a crisis situation (and believe me, Monday was a crisis at work with this. Flurry of phone calls, threats, etc.)
    But I honestly feel that I am going to get laid off and it's going to be ok.

I don't know why, but I do. I haven't felt this calm or peaceful or at ease in over 7 months.

I guess I feel "right" and haven't felt that way in a long time.
    And quite honestly, I"m still facing car problems (major ones there), money problems, health problems (needed that insurance from work) and other difficulties, but it just feels ok now. I can't really explain it.

We'll have to wait and see what happens. But I am fairly positive that I won't have this job by Friday and that is ok. I think I will have something else maybe, at this point no idea what. But I feel it coming.

OK, so now ya'll have proof that I really am crazy!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

MRD -- I've been following your posts and have been remiss in not letting you know my support. My DIL quit her job because of ethics issues, and although yours is a different situation, I admire both of you because you did what you knew was right.

You cannot walk through this world without your dignity. I hope you find a new job quickly, and that it will be better than the one you are leaving behind.

I send you . columbia

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;4082683;
    Good job on doing the right thing, mrd. Lots of people would have chosen the other option in a desperate attempt to save their jobs.

I've had a small run of bad luck this week. Took my car in because the brakes were making an awful noise, turns out I needed 4 new rotors and all new brakes. It was more than my monthly car payment. Get my car back today, drive to work, hit a curb while parking and give myself a flat tire. Tire has a puncture and will have to be replaced. Arrggg.
    The brake issues are normal wear and tear, I believe. I think rotors are replaced everytime you get new brakes. Now, the parking issue....you might want to go out with somebody that you know has that parking thing downpat for a lesson or 2! Not to brag (but, what is...is!), but I am good at the parallel parking thing. Had a great teacher, and it didn't take long. People (read 'guys') have lost bets betting against my parking!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4083109;
    Interestingly enough, this is the first "event" in 7 months that I actually feel calm about. I know I'm going to get laid off. BUT, I am ok with it. I said last week that I felt like something had "happened" and that my life was finally starting to turn around (this was after the hours and pay cuts at work). Then had VERY good news over the weekend. HOpeful news. And then this happens and strangely enough, I feel good about this. Maybe just satisfaction that I handled myself well in a crisis situation (and believe me, Monday was a crisis at work with this. Flurry of phone calls, threats, etc.)
    But I honestly feel that I am going to get laid off and it's going to be ok.

I don't know why, but I do. I haven't felt this calm or peaceful or at ease in over 7 months.

I guess I feel "right" and haven't felt that way in a long time.
    And quite honestly, I"m still facing car problems (major ones there), money problems, health problems (needed that insurance from work) and other difficulties, but it just feels ok now. I can't really explain it.

We'll have to wait and see what happens. But I am fairly positive that I won't have this job by Friday and that is ok. I think I will have something else maybe, at this point no idea what. But I feel it coming.

OK, so now ya'll have proof that I really am crazy!

Well, I don't think you're crazy and if you are a little bit, you gotta know that EVERYbody has a little streak of crazy in them too. You're not alone there.

And about the calm feeling? It could be that so much has happened this year that you've gotten very adept at bracing yourself for bad stuff happening. Kind of like...expecting things to go wrong and handling them when they do. Hard to explain what I mean, but I hope you get the drift. I think your body and your mind had a really tough time absorbing the shocks of losing your beloved doggy, losing your marriage, having to quit school, having to move and find a job....things that just came one right after the other and KEPT coming. Not saying you probably weren't tough before all these dominos started falling, but you know you've gotten a LOT tougher. So the loss of this stressful job you didn't want to have to be at ANYway, well, your mind is probably just seeing this as another bump in the highway that can and will be rolled right over. Hope this makes sense!

At some point you just have to sit in the middle of your house and laugh your head off at the absurdity that life can throw at you and ask "what next?" Bring it on, life!!

Hugs, MRD.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4083367;
    I think rotors are replaced everytime you get new brakes.
    Rotors do not have to be replaced every time you get new pads. They may have to be turned which means they grind them down to make them smooth which is usually the case if you have bad brakes. Rotors have to be replaced when they can no longer be turned within a certain thickness which makes them unsafe. This is usually the result of waiting too long to get your brakes replaced or they have been turned too many times.

Understanding Brake Rotor Service

Wow MRD, that's definitely a damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of situation, but you really couldn't have made any other decision. I hope it works out for you. Maybe if they lay you off, you'll get more than $40 a week unemployment this time.

More drama from my son's ex. Someone called me and told me she is putting on her Facebook page that my son quit his job so he wouldn't have to pay child support. I called him at work (yeah, I know) to ask him if he knew what this was all about. She doesn't get the child support directly from him. It is taken out of his checks and sent to Child Support Recovery because she is on welfare. This is something that irritates her to no end. She acts like she's not getting child support from him because it doesn't go directly to her. She doesn't realize that she's actually getting much more than he pays, he is just reimbursing the tax payers for what is being paid to her. Anyway, the story is, she called child support recovery and they told her that Adam had called them and told them he quit his job. Um, it doesn't work that way. They have to get legal papers signed by the employer to stop or alter the payments, and the money is still coming out of his checks. So, he said he would call them when he gets off work and straighten it out. Now, she's all upset about that. I guess she doesn't want to be caught in another lie because I highly doubt that she got told that he quit his job. I don't know why she has to constantly lie about things. Especially things that are so easily proven.

I've got a huge test in Biology tomorrow that I need to study for and I don't need this crap!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Thanks all. And Yes Elizabeth, I do know what you mean.

Well there has been MAJOR drama for 3 days now and I am OVER it. I swear at this point if they don't lay me off, I may quit. I can't take what I've been through today, yesterday and Monday and it's going to continue tomorrow.
    It is such a mess I can't believe it.

Next job I get I want to work in a basement alone. With no phone and no contact with people.
    Was actually thinking mortician as then the clients can't talk to you.

Not only is this impacting work, but now my living situation. I rented a house from one of the people that is involved in this crazy mess at work and now it may affect my living arrangements.

However, things seem to be going well on the marriage front. So if I lose my job and my house, I may possibly have a family to go back too.

Lil Bit, some people live for drama. I have seen more proof of that this week than ever. This girl is definetly one of those. But I hate that you and your family have to go through this with her. Maybe she'll get hit by lightening and it will jump start her brain which seems to have a dead battery.

Good luck on the test. I know you'll do great.

Yeah, my rotors had to replaced because I waited too long before getting new brakes. I've had my car for 3 years and this was the first time the brakes were changed. When I got my car inspected last December, they said the brakes were fine. And all of my driving is stop-and-go city driving so I should had them checked again.

Proshay, I'm actually an excellent parallel parker, I swear.

There was a piece of metal sticking out of a storm drain curb thing, and I caught it when I was trying to get closer to the curb.

I'm actually kind of nervous, because I believe that silly superstition that bad things come in 3's. What car expense will I have to pay next?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4083615;

Not only is this impacting work, but now my living situation. I rented a house from one of the people that is involved in this crazy mess at work and now it may affect my living arrangements.

But, that would actually be a good thingm wouldn't it, given that you felt the house was way more than you wanted to pay anyway, right?

Not that you asked, but even if it's going well on the marriage front, I hope you are going to give it at least six months or so; it has got to be stressful going back and forth. And isn't your daughter going to be getting married and moving anyway?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Yes, I do feel the house is more expensive, especially now that I may be losing my job. BUT, I'm already in it. I probably won't get my deposits back, I have furniture from SC. I have no place else to go at the moment. To stay here, I'd have to rent another house and go through the deposit process all over again. They can't kick me out, I've been over the lease. The only recourse they have to get me out is if I don't pay rent.
    The marriage thing has been going well and we've spent several weekends together. And we're both working on our selves and our marriage and that's all I'm going to say.

He was set to move here permanently at the first of NOv. We were turning the house in SC over to our daughter and her soon to be husband to live in.

Now I'm not sure if I will move back to SC or we will go through with original plans to stay here. Depends on if I can find another job here quickly.

The lease has no escape clause except if I don't pay my rent. Escape clause for them to make me leave anyway AND it states that they cannot infringe on my happiness or right to quiet living or some such language. Meaning, they can't come over and hassle me all the time.

Had a plan, but that's all been changed and I didn't have much choice in the changes. Going to have to do what I have to do.

And the marriage thing we are both happy with.

+ Reply to Thread