+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Gutmutter, I am so sorry to hear the news. Stay strong, and just know that everyone here is pulling for you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I just can't say it enough. famita- I like the idea of watching funny movies after treatment. I spent a lot of time when I was younger studying and learning meditation/selp-hypnosis/mind over matter techniques. I may dust off a few of my more helpful books and read up on it again. I know it helped during the biopsy procedure, but that was fairly simple. I should find out tomorrow when my next round of tests will be. I'll keep you posted.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Gutmutter. I will be praying (more) for you. My mom had breast cancer and she's been clear for about 15 years now. Just remember that when you are feeling down you can come here and we'll all be here to lift you up.

Gutmutter,

Add me to the list of people thinking and praying (not something I do often) for you and your children. I wish I'd opened this thread before now. Have you talked to your kids yet about what you've found out? You've gotten a lot of good advice in here. Be positive, be strong, ask questions, and take care of yourself.

Gutmutter, I know you don't know me, but I just wanted to say you're in my prayers as well.

I just had a wonderful afternoon with my little sister (Big Brothers/Big Sisters). We went swimming and took the dog for a walk. I'm in another "wait" spell until I get scheduled for another appointment. Not much use in sulking or wringing my hands when I still have no idea what's in store for me. Hope you're all enjoying the day. Mariner - I did tell my kids and they are bummed. I'm trying to reassure them that this type of cancer is usually non-invasive and treatable, but of course, I don't know that for sure yet.I checked out a few breast cancer forums, but it was way too overwhelming at this point.
    Count your blessings!

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Gutmutter, I love your attitude and your obvious joy for life. You are in my thoughts during this time.

Thank you OMLB. I don't think I've seen you here before. I would have noticed your avatar. I'm only 48 but I've had a wonderful life...parents and extended family that love me, artistic and intelligent, more than my share of lovers, and world travel. I used to have a friend whose mother would advise, "What's the worst thing that can happen? Would you be able to deal with that?" I have so many loved ones on the other side, the worst that could happen is not that bad to me. I've studied enough other cultures that I try to "be here now". This is a beautiful world and people are kind if you give them the opportunity to be so.
    Count your blessings!

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    That is absolutely beautiful Gutmutter and the best possible way you can live your life, whatever comes along. I greatly admire you.

Gutmutter I'm glad you've had such a good day. You've probably already done a lot of research on this but I was just looking around and found this link: http://www.kidscope.org/

+ Reply to Thread