+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Drinking lots and lots of water, no alcohol. I Think they were going to give tne the morphine to make me docile. The nurse was a witch and we got into it within 30 seconds. She started off with a bad attitude. I didn't feel well so my easy going filter was off and she really irked me and I caught her lying and called her on it. On hindsignt (pun intended) I should be careful before she ordered me an enema.

I know to stay hydrated and I was drinking a lot. But I have less and less heat tolerance as I get older. Same thing happened to me back in April.

By the time I got to the ER had cold chills. The ER doc says I need my thyroid checked. Other docs have said the same. I had it checked and it appears to be normal. But am having other thyroid symptoms and am now being referred to endocrinologist.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh gee, mrd. Are you feeling better, though? After I posted, I did wonder if they were trying to relax you to get your BP to stabilize, and wanted to use morphine for that. Sorry you had to put up with that nurse. People like that shouldn't be in that line of work.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4071325;
    Oh gee, mrd. Are you feeling better, though? After I posted, I did wonder if they were trying to relax you to get your BP to stabilize, and wanted to use morphine for that. Sorry you had to put up with that nurse. People like that shouldn't be in that line of work.
    No, the morphine was not for the blood pressure. I was relaxed. I was laying on the guerney reading quietly for hours. I hate drugs like that and if it's not really necessary, I am not goign to take them. They never had a good reason why it was necessary. If they had said if was for my BP, then I would have taken it. But they said it was for pain. I wasn't in pain.

Glad you're feeling better MRD. Take care of yourself. Most nurses are wonderful, caring people, but you occasionally run into one who should just retire and find other work. When my mom was in the hospital dying of lung cancer, vomiting after chemotherapy, one of the nurses got really angry with her when she rang for help. She came in the room and said to my mom, "What do you want NOW!" When we heard about it, my brother and I went to the head of nursing and raised holy hell with them. Not that they really did anything to the nurse in question, but she was very polite to us after that.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hey guys, just a reminder that we draw the line at giving specific medical advice for liability reasons, so please find a way to keep that off the site.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

MRD

Why can't people you work with mind their own business? Why do they have to stir the pot? Am working with someone that shares my title. She is neither above me or below me. I am in her office temporarily, yet she's already managed to throw me under the bus. Is ok, I dragged her under there with me. And I didn't do it on purpose, but was asked a direct question by our supervisor. I aswered it truthfully. And the truth pointed back to the pot stirrer.

FORT Fogey

mrd -- all this is just part of human nature. Unfortunately we all have to put up with it until we learn to let it roll off our backs. Hang in there!!

Like with kids, SO's, and so forth, one learns to pick ones battles.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I've been back-and-forth going sick for the last month and a half. I have more, but the last time I talked about them on a forum, I got banned, which was probably cause I talked about them too much.

That's the beauty of having a "Talk about your troubles" forum... talk away! We'll sympathize. I hope you're feeling better. I take lots of Ester C when my immune system doesn't seem to be kicking a cold (vitamin C). But some colds are just the long-term variety. Also, I make a cure-anything veggie soup (really easy) in the crock pot. I posted the recipe several times, so PM me if you're interested.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I know it's human nature, but it bugs me no less. I'm 48 years old. I left high school a long time ago. This is HS crap she's pulling. We are busy enough that dealing with her crap puts us behind. Oh well, 3 more weeks and I will be out of that office and managing my own.

+ Reply to Thread