+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

NoRealityHere -- Adding my best wishes and prayers for your sister's friends.

Sorry you have a shiner, still. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days. Be well. And thank G-d for the advances in eye surgery. I know I do.

nrh: I'm glad to hear your eye surgeries went well!

Continued prayers for your friend. I googled VATS, its amazing technology!

MRD

Way overdid it in the horrible heat and humidity moving today and ended up in the ER with heat exhaustion, dehydration (I was drinking) and low blood sugar. After 4 hours and an IV bag of glucose, felt fine.
    But BP was fluctuating from too high to too low and they couldnt' regulate it. But once got the IV bag in me, I felt fine and was allowed to come home. They were talking about admitting me. I refused the morphine which I didn't think I needed. If I had taken that, I'd be spending night in hospital.

I HATE this damn heat and humidity.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I must have read that wrong.

Morphine? They would give morphine for heat exhaustion and the other things? And to someone who had been drinking (assuming alcohol)?

Glad you're OK and feel better, and didn't have to be admitted. But really...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

MRD, I am glad you got all that worked out. Keep hydrated, okay? I hope your trip goes well.

Am looking forward to the stories about the dogs.

I'm sorry to hear that, MRD. Fingers crossed for a better day, and clean restrooms along the way during the drive ('cuz you're gonna need to drink lots of water, and well...).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4070221;
    I must have read that wrong.

Morphine? They would give morphine for heat exhaustion and the other things? And to someone who had been drinking (assuming alcohol)?

Glad you're OK and feel better, and didn't have to be admitted. But really...
    I think maybe she meant she'd been drinking lots of water but still got dehydrated?
    mrd, maybe part of the blood pressure issue is because you've decreased your nicotine intake so much....nicotine does affect blood pressure, and that's a big change. Did you tell them you'd cut way back on the smoking?
    I HATE heat and humidity as well---dry heat, that's fine. Take it easy and stay in the A-C.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4070675;
    I think maybe she meant she'd been drinking lots of water but still got dehydrated?
    mrd, maybe part of the blood pressure issue is because you've decreased your nicotine intake so much....nicotine does affect blood pressure, and that's a big change. Did you tell them you'd cut way back on the smoking?
    I HATE heat and humidity as well---dry heat, that's fine. Take it easy and stay in the A-C.
    Oh, that could very well be--it was late and I was tired. Also, alcohol is well-known for causing dehydration (along with a lot of other causes). Sorry if I misunderstood.

Also, I thought that morphine was only given for severe pain, so I thought maybe she mis-typed.

Hoping mrd is feeling much better today. Going to the ER is no fun, and no matter the reason, it always seems to take at least 4 hours.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

mrd heat exhaustion is no fun... I'm out in the heat and humidity a lot ... This is what helps me, I drink more water than usual the day before I'm in the heat. The day I'm in the heat, I drink water and gatorade G2 (low calorie), snack on melons, bananas, and nuts (don't eat a big meal),and wear a hat. I still get hot, but I stay hydrated and don't get leg cramps.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;4070758;
    mrd heat exhaustion is no fun... I'm out in the heat and humidity a lot ... This is what helps me, I drink more water than usual the day before I'm in the heat. The day I'm in the heat, I drink water and gatorade G2 (low calorie), snack on melons, bananas, and nuts (don't eat a big meal),and wear a hat. I still get hot, but I stay hydrated and don't get leg cramps.

I try to do the hydration/electrolytes thing, too, on the day before my 5K walking tour/lesson when hot weather is predicted. Then I make sure to schedule water breaks and stay on the shady side of the street when possible during the tour/lesson.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread