+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

mrd, I'm sorry that money is so tight for you right now. I have somewhat the same problem, I have enough to pay my bills, but not much for fun stuff. But I'm not complaining because I still can afford cable.

I've been looking for a part time job, but all the ones that would fit my schedule seem to in retail. Not that there is anything wrong with retail, but I've never worked a retail job and I'm afraid my feet wouldn't last. I've always had cushy sit-down jobs.

MRD

Quite frankly if this is my life for the rest of my life, I'd still smoke so I could shorten the misery.

Yeah, cold turkey, can't afford them anymore. I have a pack left, it'll be gone tomorrow.

Retail isn't that bad for the short term and good shoes are a must. I am looking for something in retail as I need night and weekend hours.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My daughter went to her OB/GYN today for a routine pregnancy appointment. They couldn't find a heartbeat for the baby. After doing an internal exam they determined the baby was only about the size of a 9 week fetus and she was 12 weeks along. She has to go in tomorrow for them to remove it. My heart aches so much for her. September is not a good month for my family. We just can't get a break.

Oh, that is too sad. I am very sorry to hear this. May you and your family be there for each other and you all find peace and healing.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

MRD

Unk, I am so very, very sorry. My heart breaks for all of you. Sending hugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4065195;
    Quite frankly if this is my life for the rest of my life, I'd still smoke so I could shorten the misery.

Yeah, cold turkey, can't afford them anymore. I have a pack left, it'll be gone tomorrow.
    Retail isn't that bad for the short term and good shoes are a must. I am looking for something in retail as I need night and weekend hours.
    Wow...not even trying to space them out so the real withdrawal starts on the weekend? You are a tough cookie...just warn your coworkers!

Unk--that is so sad, so sorry for your daughter and your lost grandchild, and you.

So sorry, Unklescott. I will keep your daughter and family in my thoughts.

MRD, I hope the cold turkey method is not too hard on you. In the end, it should help you with money saved and health benefits!
    Last edited by Cootie; 09-21-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Unk, I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you, your daughter and the rest of your family.
    myrosiedog, good luck with quitting smoking. I hope things get better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4065296;
    My daughter went to her OB/GYN today for a routine pregnancy appointment. They couldn't find a heartbeat for the baby. After doing an internal exam they determined the baby was only about the size of a 9 week fetus and she was 12 weeks along. She has to go in tomorrow for them to remove it. My heart aches so much for her. September is not a good month for my family. We just can't get a break.
    I'm so sorry. Thoughts and hugs are with you and your family.

Oh, Unklescott...
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread