+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I know down here they have pest control services that will check your property for snakes and remove them, do you have anything like that in your neck of the woods?
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4063288;
    Thanks for thinking of us ElizG. The house closing is Monday at 4, so keep your fingers crossed until then.
    I hope it all works out for you Gut! But like MRD mentioned somewhere upthread, I would be prepared. Closings can always be extended etc. I hope it all goes smoothly for you so you can finally relax.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4063046;
    . I will NEVER forget that when I was getting up from the toilet and pulling up my shorts, a rather long snake slithered out from the back area of the toilet between my legs, and on out of the bathroom going down the hall towards the only bedroom. .
    I had that happen with a mouse, only..I was not finished, and peed all over everything when I started jumping around. Thank God it at least was my own house. Too bad L was here and laughed about it for weeks.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4063196;

I'm so sorry for laughing so much at your trauma, but that's a really comical image. Mainly because it wasn't me.

Yup, I've been told I have a way with words -- which often gets me into trouble!
    Me too.

Yes, I got coerced/blackmailed into the house. So while I love the house, I'm not happy about the situation with it and hope I can afford it. I won't have tv, can't afford cable or satellite. And my going out with friends will be curtailed. And since I won't have furniture, I won't be entertaining at home. So yeah, I'm thrilled to be in the house I can't afford. I have lost so much weight that most of my clothes don't fit, so will be shopping at Goodwill to replace them as I need work clothes, blazers, etc. and can't shop. I have a budget of exactly $50 a week for groceries which includes toiletries and house needs such as toilet paper. The acrylic nails are a thing of the past, so are pedicures. So I sure hope I love this house as I will be spending a LOT of time in it. I'm not real happy about it. But I can't change it now. I've worked the budget and worked the budget and worked the budget and there will not be much left. AND I have a wedding to cook for, make flowers and decorations for. I am collecting Michael's 40% off coupons to buy what I need there to do the wedding.

I absolutely hate that I make decent money and yet will be sitting home because I can't afford to leave. I will have exactly $179 left over at the end of each month. And that's if my estimates are good and not more than I have figured on the electric and gas, etc. I am scared to death that something is going to happen or break and I won't have the extra reserves to be able to fix it or afford to replace it, etc.

I'm now thinking about leaving Rosie and Bogie up there as I can't really afford to feed them or god forbid take them to the vet. So yeah, again, THRILLED with the house and with how I was forced into it.

Salty, where I live, the snakes would just come back if I got animal control or a pest service. They don't really bother me that much. The poisonous ones do especially after a friend said that a full grown moccasin got in her house through her sliding doors. But hey, lived here 44 years and coexisted with them and the gators and bugs, can do it again.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-20-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

My husband is paying my car and renters insurance and cell phone bill and will send me extra money when he has it. But he has the same issues as he has a house to pay for as well. They just cancelled their cable to cut down on that expense.
    If he and I miss a day of work, we're pretty much screwed for the month.

I had to buy a bed which I got at Big Lots for $380 and with that and the deposits, I can no longer afford a moving truck, so he is going to bring me a pick up truck load which isn't a lot of stuff, but it's all I can do for right now.

The only other thing I could possibly cut out of my budget is my medical insurance and my medications. That would give me an extra $300 a month.

Sorry, I hadn't intended to complain. But I'm not all I got the house because the house is now an albatross around my neck.

I think your husband ought to be kicking in a little more for all the life upheavals you're going through right now.

Is there any possibility of maybe a part-time job to help with expenses? Anything you could do at home, maybe on the computer?

MRD, just crossing my fingers and praying that things work out for you!!

On another note, yikes!!! I think I just had another hot flash!! Yowsers!!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

ElizabethG---Have you tried eating soy for the hot flashes? You get plant estrogens that way... and presumably there'd be an epidemic of breast cancer in Asia if it were as bad for you as having hormone replacement therapy. I'm told that in Japan they don't even have words for our common menopausal complaints....there the issue is something that translates more or less as tense neck.... Of course I don't have a reference for that, but maybe someone on FORT familiar with Japan can comment.
    mrd--- What a bummer...not even any TV! Hope there is a good local library you can borrow from! And that your bosses give you a raise for taking this hit for them!

MRD

You can't kick in what you dont' have. I make more than he does. If he got nasty about it, I'd get nothing, so I'm not complaining. Besides my daughter and dogs still live with him at the moment, so I'm not going to make them destitute because I let myself be coerced into a house I knew I couldn't afford.

I'm looking for a second job. I can't watch tv or go anywhere, so might as well try to make more money if I can.

And the good news is that after tomorrow, I will have quit smoking as I can't afford those anymore either.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4064957;
    You can't kick in what you dont' have. I make more than he does. If he got nasty about it, I'd get nothing, so I'm not complaining. Besides my daughter and dogs still live with him at the moment, so I'm not going to make them destitute because I let myself be coerced into a house I knew I couldn't afford.

I'm looking for a second job. I can't watch tv or go anywhere, so might as well try to make more money if I can.

And the good news is that after tomorrow, I will have quit smoking as I can't afford those anymore either.
    I know it will be painful, but I have to agree, good news! We want you around for many more years! And who knows, it might even help with some of your health problems. Are you going cold turkey?

Good luck with the quitting smoking. I know how hard that is.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread