+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Now, see - if you had a snake living under your bed, you wouldn't have mice!
    Count your blessings!

Okay, I have a couple of questions and I *could* pm ya'll for answers, but I'm not.

MRD, how are you doing? Did you ever find a decent place to live that doesn't require a roommate or massive amounts of money? And about your snake....YIKES!!! About 15 years ago when I was visiting my ex-husband's rental house to pick up my then young daughter, I had to use his bathroom. (He lived right beside a small pond) The house was a pretty small, older block type house with very little insulation or such. I will NEVER forget that when I was getting up from the toilet and pulling up my shorts, a rather long snake slithered out from the back area of the toilet between my legs, and on out of the bathroom going down the hall towards the only bedroom. I was absolutely paralyzed with shock, terror, you name it. As soon as I could I ran out of the bathroom, up the hall, thru the kitchen and OUT of the house. My daughter was already outside, I just scooped her up, yelled at him "there is a snake in your house" and jumped in the car and left.

ANYway, hope you're doing well MRD. Thought about you while hubby and I were at Cape San Blas.

Gutmutter, did you ever find out about getting your house? If you have already gone over that on here, my apologies, I must have missed it. I've had my fingers crossed that you finally get your cottage.

Hello to everyone else and I hope you're all doing well. At the moment, I don't have any troubles that come anywhere close to things that you all have been going through and I just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm thinking about you.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

MRD

Well Elizabeth, good thing you had just gone to the bathroom because that would have made me go. I normally don't mind snakes. I wouldn't hold one, but I don't freak out and I don't mind them unless, like this one, they are poisonous. I am hoping this guy is gone. He was outside in the outside framing, but we all know those things can get in tiny places and holes, so am being careful.

Gut, I probably wouldn't have liked that much in the bed. Wonder how it got there. OK, can't wait to pick up my new bed that is still wrapped in plastic and get in teh new house and hope there aren't venenmous snakes there.

I am moving in 2 weeks. Took the house I can't afford. Long story. But will be picking up cans on the side of the highway after work. Just kidding. I can swing it, but barely as long as nothing breaks or goes wrong or I don't get sick and miss work.

I must have missed what Ellen said, but I love it: Ditch the Bi*ch!!!! EXACTLY
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You took the house that you couldn't afford?? How Exciting!! I am excited for you!! You'll probably be surprised at what you can actually afford, if you just put your mind to it!! Good for you, mrd.....good for you! You deserve this! I'm going to go do my happy dance now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4063046;
    ...when I was getting up from the toilet and pulling up my shorts, a rather long snake slithered out from the back area of the toilet between my legs, and on out of the bathroom going down the hall towards the only bedroom....

I'm so sorry for laughing so much at your trauma, but that's a really comical image. Mainly because it wasn't me.
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4063086;
    ...I must have missed what Ellen said, but I love it: Ditch the Bi*ch!!!! EXACTLY
    Yup, I've been told I have a way with words -- which often gets me into trouble!
    Last edited by Ellen; 09-17-2010 at 06:41 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I was at an outdoor gathering recently. My dear friend said "there's a bug on you", I looked down at myself, didn't see anything, she said "it's on your boob now", so I looked down again, "now it's on your shoulder", and I saw it, 2 inches big, so of course I screamed and brushed it off my back (yes, it was travelling). Couldn't she just have brushed it offa me? I would have done that. Grrrrrrrrr.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Thanks for thinking of us ElizG. The house closing is Monday at 4, so keep your fingers crossed until then.
    Count your blessings!

Gut,

I'm crossing both my fingers and toes for you.
    That little house looks so lovely!

Please cross your fingers and toes for me.
    I go in for my 2nd surgery - left eye - on Monday.
    I still can't believe people go in for voluntary eye surgery of all kinds.
    If this wasn't to prevent blindness, there's no way I'd succumb.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Gut: You always see the bright side of things don't you. I laughed out loud when I read that.

Crossing my fingers toes and anything else I can cross for Gut and noreality

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just waiting for someone to write about bedbugs here... We should start a subthread on pest control.

I know you got blackmailed into the house, mrd, but as long as you had to take it, hope you can enjoy it! And, gut, great news! I take it the bank lady came to her senses?

+ Reply to Thread