+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1960Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

GuardianAngel I lost my Dad to ALS, it is a terrible disease. Sending you comforting thoughts.
    Chin up girls, it does get better.

MRD

Nice, baby water moccasin on porch tonight. I scared it and it crawled up inside door frame. Am reasonably sure it can't get inside house from the outside door frame. But still. We have had so much rain that the ditch on one side of the house is full of water, the shallow ditch in front of the house has water and the yard is squishy halfway up to the door. Already have gator living in culvert in the big ditch. Now have baby poisonous snake in house framing.
    Also, want to know where it's siblings are. I know that there wasn't just one baby hatched.

And most definetly moccasin. Head shape is unmistakable and was brown. So not a harmless black snake which don't bother me, they keep the other snakes away.

And was reassured that if it did indeed bite me, it would not kill me, but I would need to call 911. So, what are the rest of you all doing all night? I won't be sleeping, so will need company.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh my, mrd, you do need company tonight. I hope those snakes decide to go elsewhere! I'll be on for a while. I don't have much advice, just keep your eyes on the floor?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4062688;
    Okay -- I'll step out: "Ditch the b***h!" Sorry (not really sorry), but I've been where you are. She's NOT a friend.
    I'm sure you said what many readers here were thinking, Ellen! Truly, Salty Babe, you CAN do better. It's not only spouses who are in relationships with cycles of abuse. Cut her off in your head now, and when (as is likely) she goes into the "make up" part of the cycle keep her cut off. You wouldn't put up with this in a romantic relationship (I hope), don't put up with it in a friendship. As Ellen said, she's NOT a friend--and at least you don't have to go through a legal mess to "divorce" her.
    And, yes, I know, easier said than done....but we are reading what you are saying and responding pretty much unanimously to it, so unless there's some other side to the picture we haven't heard about I'd take a serious listen to the advice. Dear Abby or Ann Landers used to advise wives who wrote her wondering about whether or not to divorce to ask themselves, am I better off with him or without him. In this relationship all the evidence you've given us adds up to WAY better off without her.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4062744;
    Oh my, mrd, you do need company tonight. I hope those snakes decide to go elsewhere! I'll be on for a while. I don't have much advice, just keep your eyes on the floor?
    And your feet OFF the floor! Yikes...and I thought the downed branches from our storm were a problem!

MRD

Well made it through the night. I'm hoping he's gone.

I was asked when I called animal control's 24 hour number how I knew (I guess they think that all women that call about snakes think all snakes are poisonous) I said, it has that weird kind of triangular shaped head and it's solid brown. And the guy said: yep.

I've seen moccasins a few times in my life. You don't live here without seeing them occasionally.

Stepping gingerly around here. I don't think he got in the house, but being so small, he could easily get just about anywhere and he crawled inside the framing for the door and if there's a hole in there......... But good news is that they don't like the cold, so the air is set on "freeze snake" temp.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4062688;
    Okay -- I'll step out: "Ditch the b***h!" Sorry (not really sorry), but I've been where you are. She's NOT a friend.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Ellen. I remember an old saying, "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

My husband and I recently cut ties with certain members of his family and, while it wasn't easy, it's amazing how much better your life is when you remove all the toxic people from it. I lost my best friend several years ago when I lost weight and she didn't. I will admit that it hurt, and still does, but I also realized that a TRUE friend would have been happy for me, not jealous.

MRD - All I can say to you is... TALL BOOTS!!!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Salty Bate - I agree that you need to let the friendship go. You have to get the toxic people out of your life. You'll be so much happier. I can't say this any better than those here already have. I second the meetup.com idea. Do you crochet, or knit? Any crafts? There are lots of ladies/men that like to get together to do those types of things. Hang in there.

Ugh - I've been hearing so many stories about snakes lately. No fun!

MRD - this probably wouldn't be a good time to remind you about the 5 ft. snake I found in my daughter's box spring when I moved.
    Count your blessings!

Gut: you just made the skin on my whole body crawl! Oh good Lord! The mouse scratching the back of my headboard in the middle of the night a couple of years ago, is not so bad now!

+ Reply to Thread