+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut call the bank first thing on Mon and ask what all needs to be done beside the assessment. Ask your realtor to call the title company and see if you can get a copy of the search or commitment/binder and see if that shows anything that needs to be cleared up from the previous owner that might be holding up on the sale on the seller's end (they may not give you a copy, but they may give your realtor a rundown of where THEY are in the process and that will help). Just because a loan is scheduled to close in 2 weeks doesn't mean they have to cancel it now. They can get this stuff done, but it sounds as if the woman is too lazy to do it. AND, the closing date can be extended. It's done ALL THE TIME. But THIS is what your realtor is being paid a commission for, to help with things between you, the bank and the title company so enlist his help.

I have a good feeling that this will go through, but sometimes you have to really stay on the people doing the work to ensure it does. It's no skin off their back if it doesn't, they have a house to live in. But I think that many times, people in this business forget they are dealing with real people and their lives and homes and just look at the numbers instead or don't want to do what it takes to make the loan happen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

But I imagine they are closed Monday due to Labor Day, so first thing Tuesday! I'm sure you can make this happen even if it takes a bit longer.

mrd---aren't you supposed to be vegging on a long weekend with some sporting event?

I'm praying and praying that the woman who made this decision will have her heart softened over the weekend. Then when I start making my appeals, she will realize what a pittance it is and how picky she was being. I'm praying the house inspector, who is well-respected will take the time to step in on my behalf to explain that the things she's focused on are easy fixes. I'm praying that she will have the assessment done that I paid for 3 weeks ago and that will tell her that the house is valued way more than what I'm asking them to loan me. I'm praying all this will iron itself out in a timely fashion so that I can move in and get the work done before cold weather sets in. Amen.
    Count your blessings!

Amen.

FORT Fogey

Gutmutter -- You go, girl. Sometimes you just have to stand up and be heard. Best of luck and hopefully it will all turn out the way you want.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I don't post here often, but just want you all to know that I do lift a prayer for those who are going through difficult times. You were all so kind to me when I was dealing with my mother's death. Didn't want you to think I just come here when I need something.

Salty Babe. You said you don't have any friends where you live. Sounds to me like you'd be a wonderful friend . . . get yourself out there and find someone who will appreciate all that you have to offer!!!! The woman you described doesn't know how blessed she is . . . hope she gets herself together soon and moves back towards your friendship (if that's the best thing for both of you).

AZChristian

Thanks.

I hate being lonely. There just aren't many opportunities to make friends where I live, unfortunately.

I talked to my friend online(and I thought we were fine) but she will not answer my emails or my phone calls. I thought we were friends again but apparently not. I have no idea what I have done to make her mad at me. I hate this.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If you are lonekly enough to need a "friend" like that-eek. Get a pet, get a hobby, develop an outside interest , or whatever it takes to meet other people, or to entertain yourself enough to not be so lonely . Normal adults don't behave like your so-called friend, so unless you want to go through this over and over, it's probably time to cut the friendship. And if not, just stop emailing or trying to make contact; let her come to you the first three or four times. It took me until I was about 30 to understand that drama queens like this will never grow out of it, and will never, ever miss an opportunity to act out once they find out they can make you go crazy trying to figure out what you did wrong. (Answer: nothing, or something so minor that a 2 minite talk could handle it)

NRH, I'm really sorry to see the news about your friend. Prayers your way.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

A couple of weeks ago I posted about my father's disease. Last night my mom called me to let me know that the doctor found liquid (blood, I guess) in his brain scan from one of his multiple falls. Instead of resorbing, it grew. The doctor is not overly concerned, but he did tell my father that the next fall can kill him or worse. His choices are slim: wheelchair or wearing full hockey gear to protect himself from falls. My father doesn't want to do either. It's almost as if he wants to die, but yet he's scared of dying.

I don't want to lecture him over this because I know he just won't listen, but honestly, I have no clue what to do. My husband said we just have to accept it and I guess he's right, but my fear is that he'll really hurt himself. At this point, I'm less worried about him dying than about him becoming paralyzed and making my mom's life even more difficult than it is now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sometimes, we have to accept that we can't control what we think are the negatives in our loved ones lives. I, too, think your husband is right.

Salty Babe, stop shouldering the guilt of the failed relationship. More likely, than not, it is about all about your friend....not you. I'd be willing to put money on the "fact" that is is not even slightly about you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread