+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1692Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

She is angry right now, cause she was called on her behaviour. I bet deep down inside, she knows she is in the wrong.... most people do...... but she is embarrassed and too prideful to accept your apology (and you had no need to apologize!). But you were being the bigger, better person. She sounds messed up. Some people have few or no role models of good behaviour......, you were likely hers. Hence, their bad behaviour in many situations. some people never learn how to apologize..... they have never been taught that "I'm sorry" is an important part of the vocabulary. It's really unfortunate. YOU have done nothing wrong, so just go about your business with your head held high and continue to be the kind person you are.

Thank you.

I know I didn't have to apologize, but that is just me. I'm not a fighter.

Unfortunately, I miss her. I don't have many friends in town, all my friends are back home in New Jersey, so having a friend here in town is nice. I'm just lonely I guess.

Thanks for the advice and for being so nice to me. I appreciate it.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Salt Babe,

I hope it works out for you.
    Sounds like she's in a bad place right now and has nowhere else to let off steam. I'm not excusing the behavior - I've had similar happen in the past - just trying to say what can be causing it.
    I hope she comes around in time. If not, like Shay said upstream, it may be time to cut it loose. I hope that does not happen, though, for both your sakes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks. I guess the best cource of action on my part is to wait it out, since she doesn't seem ready to accept my apology.

We went to dinner with my sister's friend last night.
    Her spirits were really quite good considering the diagnosis - Stage 3 lung cancer.
    She is due to meet with an oncologist next week. They are talking about chemo and, hopefully, they will be able to operate once they run more tests to determine where / if it's operable.
    The good news is that, as the Dr's said, she is till very young and healthy. They told her she needs to gain some weight - I guess as a precaution against the effects that chemo, etc. will bring - and exercise to get strong. My sister and I have volunteered to be her exercise coach / mate to work with her. Problem is that she had to drop out of Yoga a while back as it was just taking so much out of her. Because of the myasthenia gravis and the difficulty catching her breath, she feels "spent" very fast and has to stop a lot even while walking just to catch her breath.
    My sister is really taking this hard. She lost her best friend due to Aids years ago and this is really difficult.
    Fortunately, her friend has a great support system - especially at the medical center in terms of the Dr's. Also, as she a PHD candidate and a Teaching Assistant, they have said they will make sure that they are able to keep her on payroll, even though she really can't work right now, simply so she can maintain health benefits.
    Please can you all keep her in your prayers.

Thank you and Namaste

FORT Fogey

Norealityhere -- you can count on me for thoughts and prayers.

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4054775;
    Norealityhere -- you can count on me for thoughts and prayers.

Namaste.
    Bless you, Columbia.

Sorry to hear about your sister's friend and her diagnosis. Glad she's in good spirits in spite of it. I went to the memorial service for a friend today who just died after receiving a stage 3 diagnosis for ovarian cancer 12 years ago. So there is hope. She was a real fighter and had such a positive attitude.

Salty Babe - I can't even imagine how hurt I would be if a friend hijacked the FORT and made fun of me here. Sorry you have to deal with this.
    Count your blessings!

Prayers for everyone facing challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4054756;
    We went to dinner with my sister's friend last night.
    Her spirits were really quite good considering the diagnosis - Stage 3 lung cancer.
    She is due to meet with an oncologist next week. They are talking about chemo and, hopefully, they will be able to operate once they run more tests to determine where / if it's operable.
    The good news is that, as the Dr's said, she is till very young and healthy. They told her she needs to gain some weight - I guess as a precaution against the effects that chemo, etc. will bring - and exercise to get strong. My sister and I have volunteered to be her exercise coach / mate to work with her. Problem is that she had to drop out of Yoga a while back as it was just taking so much out of her. Because of the myasthenia gravis and the difficulty catching her breath, she feels "spent" very fast and has to stop a lot even while walking just to catch her breath.
    My sister is really taking this hard. She lost her best friend due to Aids years ago and this is really difficult.
    Fortunately, her friend has a great support system - especially at the medical center in terms of the Dr's. Also, as she a PHD candidate and a Teaching Assistant, they have said they will make sure that they are able to keep her on payroll, even though she really can't work right now, simply so she can maintain health benefits.
    Please can you all keep her in your prayers.

Thank you and Namaste
    Absolutely. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

+ Reply to Thread