+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;4053799;
    Had 4 days with no violent "room spinning" with this Vertigo experience. Yes 4 days until last night so I am dizzy and a little nausiated today. I really hate to complain with so many more serious issues so many of you are having to deal with, but these episodes really cut into my busy life. I used to love riding on anything that spinned....the faster the better...ha....not any more. Have any of you experienced Positional Vertigo and do you have any suggestions in dealing with this. I've had it for about a month.
    Try searching for information about ear rocks. A few members of my family have had that and the sooner it is treated, the better. You may have this condition. There is lots of information about in online. Here is an article I found.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;4053799;
    Had 4 days with no violent "room spinning" with this Vertigo experience. Yes 4 days until last night so I am dizzy and a little nausiated today. I really hate to complain with so many more serious issues so many of you are having to deal with, but these episodes really cut into my busy life. I used to love riding on anything that spinned....the faster the better...ha....not any more. Have any of you experienced Positional Vertigo and do you have any suggestions in dealing with this. I've had it for about a month.
    Vonna, I am so sorry you are dealing with veritgo. It is a "serious" complaint, and it can be completely debilitating! It can send you to bed where just the act of trying to turn over or change position is excruciating.

My sister has this, and it comes on in times of severe stress. She takes some medication for the stress, and has made some life changes to cope with it.

There are a lot of websites for people suffering with vertigo, including positional vertigo. Maybe you can find one that will offer you the support and practical advice you need. I'll look for some for you, too.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

what an excellent article Cootie If only I can find someone to work with me on the exercises in this small town.

You know Poppy, I've been under a lot of stress this last couple of months. We've been working on this old Victorian for a couple of years and its getting down to the end. Trying to get the subs to show up and work has been a real struggle...now I cant do much with this Vertigo. I'm going to work on chilling out a little more, maybe that would help too.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;4054012;
    what an excellent article Cootie If only I can find someone to work with me on the exercises in this small town.

You know Poppy, I've been under a lot of stress this last couple of months. We've been working on this old Victorian for a couple of years and its getting down to the end. Trying to get the subs to show up and work has been a real struggle...now I cant do much with this Vertigo. I'm going to work on chilling out a little more, maybe that would help too.
    Google "ear rocks" and "exercises" - there may be something to help you online. But I would also talk to a doctor? What you are describing sounds very similar to my brother and father's experience and they got better very quickly after the exercises and treatments. It was some weird sounding stuff, but they did get better quickly! They were so relieved. I hope that you can get some help soon.

I've had Veritgo-related episodes, but never anything that lasts for more than a day (a day was long enough). It comes on with very little warning and it's horrible. I should say that the actual spinning and loss of equilibrium lasts a day - the aftermath lasts for up to 10 days.

Vonna, everyone deals with stuff that is serious for them. I'll tell you, the worst episode I ever had of this was the sickest I've ever been in my life. I'm absolutely sure other people have felt worse, but on that day, I felt like I wanted to die.

My doctor prescribed a medication that is basically a really strong antihistimine that is commonly called "AntiVert." My problem was congestion and fluid in my ears, so the decongestant did help a bit. The doctor told me to take them only if I had an attack, but by that time I'm so sick that I can't keep anything down - loss of equilibrium can do that to you! Now, I take them if I have even a hint of an attack coming on - ringing in my ears, dizziness, etc. and I haven't had an attack (*quickly knocks wood*) in a few years.

The PA that I dealt with when I was sick gave me an exercise to do if I felt an attack coming on. You lie on a bed with your head hanging off the edge. Tilt your head away to the side and then, after a few seconds, sit up quickly. Then you repeat a few times. If you have one ear that is more troublesome - mine is always my left - turn your head the other way. The idea is to try to equalize the fluid a bit. I also hold my nose and blow to "pop" my ears if I'm getting congested. That seems to help too.

Hang in there! I have no doubt you can find a way to combat this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm not a doctor - I don't even play one on tv - but if it turns out that it is partially due to congestion (see a doctor!) I'll recommend nasal irrigation again. We've discussed the Neti Pot several times here and several of us swear by it.
    My troubles today involve a phone call I got last night from my realtor saying my bank called him wanting to pull out of my loan - with only 2 weeks til closing!!! - because of some minor problems in the house inspection. I need to get to the bank today and try to clear this up. I don't know if they can talk to the guy who did my house inspection if I request it, but all of the things were quick fixes that must sound worse on paper. I already got all my STUFF from Ohio and it's piled around me in the rooms my friend has let me stay in for free all summer, but I just don't know what I'll do if this falls through! I need some serious prayers here. Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

To everyone on here who is having problems:; prayers and good wishes go out to you.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With a lifelong history of sneezy, sniffly allergies, I also have had trouble with fluid behind my eardrums and dizziness. Not only did the Neti pot help me tremendously, but I've also learned that I have to take my antihistamine every night, whether I am symptomatic or not (I take it at night because it makes me drowsy, and that's a feeling I don't need in the daytime.) Can't take decongestants due to what they do to my blood pressure....through the roof ! I even ended up in the ER because of what they did to my pressure, so I no longer take anything with decongestant in it, so everybody be careful about taking decongestants if you're not being medically followed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vonna,

I agree about going to the Dr, assuming you've exhausted the suggestions / remedies listed here. I've had it from inner ear type infections / sinisutis /etc.
    I hope all goes well for you.

Gut,

I'm thinking good thoughts for you. I know you've been looking forward to your own home again and while I hope it becomes a reality, if it does not, it just means that you'll get something even better.

My sister's best friend is at the Dr's. as I write. She is getting the results of the lung biopsy they did on Tuesday. It sounded, from the nurse on the phone, that she does have cancer. But, I cautioned my sister about thinking the worst until we know all the facts.
    Her poor friend has had the myastheina gravis for several years now and her immune system, as a result, is severely compromised due to this debilitating disease. We are praying that it will go well for her. Lung cancer is the most insidious of all the cancers, so I am hoping that will not be the case here. Please keep her in your prayers.

Namaste
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Gut: I hope it all turns out well for you. Oy. That would just be too much. Anyways, most of this stuff can be cleared up so I hope to hear about your new garden etc. in the coming weeks!

+ Reply to Thread