+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you're all better now in terms of your back and hands. Yoga relies very heavily on them.

Because Yoga has so many weight bearing type movements - down dog, sun salutations, etc. - I need to stay away from it for a bit. And then, in a few weeks when I'm ready to go back to it, I will be having eye surgery on my left eye so I won't be able to do it, anyway.

I was off yoga for more than a year a few years ago. I had a labral tear which they wanted to do surgery on. I said no and opted for phys therapy, etc. It took quite a long period of healing / recovery and I had to stay away from Yoga all that time.

I've never heard of chair yoga.
    Is it kind of similar to using a pilates machine, as opposed to using your own body weight?
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-01-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

norealityhere Glad your surgery was a success and you are back. Yes, the world does need more acts of kindness, and you and your sister took the time to perform one.
    No Yoga...just look at your avatar for the next few weeks and imagine that is you.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;4053105;
    norealityhere Glad your surgery was a success and you are back. Yes, the world does need more acts of kindness, and you and your sister took the time to perform one.
    No Yoga...just look at your avatar for the next few weeks and imagine that is you.

Thanks so much for the support, Inn.

Hadn't thought about that. Perfect.

I think I'll miss the push ups even more than Down Dog. All my strength is in my upper body.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm jealous! My upper body (arms AND hands) are wussified!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Noreality, I'm glad your surgery was a success too. I am sorry I haven't been more supportive. It's been a tough time around here and I've become very selfish and I apologize.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Right now I can't make any decent decisions. I think if I was in the grocery store and forced to choose between chunky and smooth peanut butter, I've have an emotional breakdown in the aisle.
    I will NOT be going the roommate route. I'll live in a van down by the river before that. I can't be with people I like and know, I damn sure know I can't put up wtih strangers. I need my home to be MY place. I need sanctuary right now and not roommates.

So, I am getting out of town for the weekend and going to see the first Gator game of the season. It's so nice to have friends with tickets they can't use.

And we will be like Scarlett and think about it tomorrow.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4053098;
    .......I've never heard of chair yoga.
    Is it kind of similar to using a pilates machine, as opposed to using your own body weight?

Chair yoga is mostly sitting and doing upper body stuff, although there is some standing, but no bending, etc. I've not done it because I never had to.
    Don't know squat about pilates. Sorry.

All I can say is you only get one pair of eyes. If this surgery will save your sight, be glad there is something that can be done. I have glaucoma and am religious about the eye drops. Also had cataract surgeries.

Namaste.

MRD, Thanks for your kind words.

I totally understand that you've had your plate overly full as of late.
    Shakespeare was so right on when he said 'sorrows come not in single spies, but in battalions.'
    Hopefully, yours will soon dissipate.

I'm off to do my walk now. Not quite as fun as pushups, lunges or squats, but with the stuff on my MP3, it's all good.

Namaste, all!

What lovely people you all are.
    We had our first cancer support group meeting today without our member who died on Saturday. It was very emotional. We decorated a chair with a purple cancer walk shirt, flowers, and a picture of her.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4053163;
    Chair yoga is mostly sitting and doing upper body stuff, although there is some standing, but no bending, etc. I've not done it because I never had to.
    Don't know squat about pilates. Sorry.

All I can say is you only get one pair of eyes. If this surgery will save your sight, be glad there is something that can be done. I have glaucoma and am religious about the eye drops. Also had cataract surgeries.

Namaste.
    Columbia,

Thanks so much. Sounds like I have to stay away from the chair yoga - I can't do the upper body stuff because of the weight pressure.
    I'm so sorry about your glaucoma. I am glad it's under control with the eye drops and the surgeries. My grandfather went blind from it, so I know how serious it is.
    Bless you and Namaste

Gut,

I am so sorry for the loss of your suuport group member. We are very happy to have you here as a survivor!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-01-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Had 4 days with no violent "room spinning" with this Vertigo experience. Yes 4 days until last night so I am dizzy and a little nausiated today. I really hate to complain with so many more serious issues so many of you are having to deal with, but these episodes really cut into my busy life. I used to love riding on anything that spinned....the faster the better...ha....not any more. Have any of you experienced Positional Vertigo and do you have any suggestions in dealing with this. I've had it for about a month.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread