+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2019Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Rattus,

Good luck on the cyst. Thank heaven you at least know what the problem is and that you're in Canada and have great health insurance.

I go in Monday for my first eye surgery - the other eye will be done 3 weeks later.
    I'm still scared about it - and I am always a good patient about things - however, the fact that the Dr's told me I needed this because I could go blind without it, just scares the heck out of me.
    That, and having to come up with $3,000 out of pocket for this surgery -this is the portion that my wonderful health insurance does NOT pay for. And for this magnificent health insurance I have, it only costs me $1,000 per month.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Good luck with your surgery norealityhere. I hope all goes well.

$3,000? Ouch!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

to all who are struggling right now. My heart goes out to all of you. I know when my Dad was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer (can't believe it was 6 years ago) my world turned upside down and things were never the same after that. I called it the "new normal." Hugs to everyone, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

MRD

Rattus, yikes! But the good news is that you do not have to worry about the cost of the surgery. I Hope all goes well and they are able to take care of this problem quickly.

Elizabeth, I would love to do that, unfortunately, I have a job now and can't get the time off to go. Cape San Blas is about 5 1/2 hours from where I live also. I do appreciate the offer, I would LOVE to come join you on the beach. Better than working, I hate my job. Glad I have it, but I hate it so would love to do the beach.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and your support. FORT friends are just amazing and I am so thankful to all of you. It seems that at times, you all understand and give such unconditional care and support that the people I know in "reality" cannot. One of my oldest and dearest friends chose last week to start some stuff with me about my situation and it was ugly and uncalled for. She has not been a very good friend in a while and has not been there for me when I needed it at all. I have been hurt by her for several months and this was the final straw. BUT the good news is that I was going to rent her house and I"m glad I found out now just how she feels because I have been feeling that renting her house was a mistake (kind of like Gut's living situation). Within one hour of her basically emailing me to tell me how horrible i am, how stupid I am, how mean I am and on and on and I found a house. And it is FANTASTIC! It has central vac, corian counters, all new stainless appliances. It's so much nicer. And because of the business relationship I now have with the realty company they called the owner, gave him rave reviews about me and he called me and offered it to me for $400 less a month than he was going to rent it. He is also working with me on the deposits. I can have the dogs. Oh and it has a 3 car garage. I may even be able to park my car in the garage for the first time in my life!
    It's very nice. Amazing how some doors close and others open immediately.
    And I have to say that when all this happened with my friend I was not surprised. And for the first time, I didn't let her walk all over me and when she saw I wasn't, she got even more ugly and "ended the friendship" and such a feeling of relief washed over me it was incredible. I felt as if a weight had come off my shoulders and I had been set free. This relationship has deteroriated over the years and I really don't know why I was hanging on to it, maybe habit, guilt? I don't know. But now that it's over, I just feel released. We did have a wonderful friendship at one time, our families were close and we did a lot together. But it's always been sort of one sided and in the last few years it got even more so. It seems as if the universe is getting all the bad out of my life and replacing it with what I need. I have been resistant to a lot of it, but have welcomed some of it. I am working on trying to welcome more of the changes. My ins. at work kicks in next week and I am going to also have some health issues taken care of. I have a new therapist who is giving me some great coping strategies and I'm going to take a class she reccomended in 2 weeks. I am also going to try to get to the meditation class I found out about. So I really feel that while I'm still not real happy, I am trying to come to terms with my situation and make positive steps to try to at least accept it more. I still have REALLY bad days and I guess I will. But the more bad stuff I'm getting out of my life, the more good days I will have.
    Thank you all, you help give me good days.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That is fantastic MRD.

Wonderful MRD. I'm so glad things are improving for you, even if it's just a bit at a time. The new place sounds fabulous. We almost bought a house that had a central vac in it once, but the deal fell through. I really wanted that central vacuum at the time, but I hadn't thought of it in years until you mentioned it here.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Corian counters....sigh...
    So glad you are having good news for a change, mrd. I tried earlier to respond to your last post but the hotel computer timed out. Most of what I was going to say got said by others (and better, I've no doubt!), but one idea I did want to 2nd was the suggestion that you think about giving some volunteer Southern history talks as a way of keeping your intellectual head alive until you can get back to school. Start with senior centers, move on to libraries, you never know where it may lead. You may not have the degree yet, but you do have your museum experience as a "credential", and that way you are likely to connect with people who share some of your interests...a way of making some new friends to replace some that have been letting you down... where the friendship is based on shared interest and not "coupledom". Just a thought...

I love your attitude MRD! Replace the bad with the good. Visualize that. Breathe in the good, breathe out the bad.
    Count your blessings!

mdr....I am so happy for you...the house sounds so wonderful!

I love PWS's idea of you giving Southern History talks....maybe clubs would be interested in having you speak too. You would be a HIT!!
    When I was working with underprivleged children and their mothers, clubs would invite me to speak at their meetings..it was fun.

I never feel strong when I'm going through a tough time. Looking back is when I see the strength.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Good point, Vonna. I agree about the talks. You never know when or where you'll make connections, and getting the word out on your specialty could lead to other things.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread