+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;4046824;
    PGM, I'm well aware of the addiction inducing drug you mentionned. In Canada, it's labelled under the name Mirapex. My father's addiction, fortunately will not render him penniless, but it might injure him. He is addicted to fishing (always loved it) and does not want to realize that wadding waist deep in a river on slippery rocks is not a good idea when you can't even sit and not fall down. The doctor says he's impulsive, so he has now phased it out. We are one week in without the pill and my mom is already seeing a difference in him. She says he's less stubborn. Please PM me if you need to talk more.
    DesertRose - thanks! I guess that is why the doctor was asking - there was also a questionnaire asking about impulsive behavior. I think it is happening to him but not sure if they will switch his medicine or take him off of it. He is taking Mirapex, and Azilect and Sinamet (one of those might be the same thing but the brand name vs the generic). if you want to PM me offline - that is fine too! Thanks!

Mrd I guess the reason that everyone keeps telling you you're strong is because you have helped so many with your words of wisdom, words of comfort and your ability to stay strong for them during their crisis.
    So, the only thing that I can say is, you and bug have our strength and prayers.
    Gut good idea

So I got the results of my CAT scan back and I have two hernias (one of which the doctor said "oh my god, it's yuuuuge" and what appears to be an ovarian cyst the size of a football. I need to go for an internal ultrasound to confirm that it is actually just a cyst and not a tumour, so fingers crossed. I had lost forty pounds when the hernias occurred, and then subsequently gained sixty pounds back, so I may need to get bariatric surgery in order to lose weight before I can get surgery to repair the various lumps and holes, and that is something I really never wanted to get. But living on oatmeal, yogourt, fruit, steamed chicken and vegetables has not helped me lose an ounce, so I guess I don't have much of a choice.

The upside to this is that I assumed that I had been depressed this past year because I did absolutely nothing but watch a lot of tv. It turns out that I'm just lethargic due to the internal chaos. So yay about that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Good heavens, Rattus! Will they remove the cyst? That's some instant weight loss right there! What will they do about the hernias? Good luck!
    Count your blessings!

Oh, Rattus - sorry to read that. At least with this discovery now there can be treatment and an end to the pain you must be enduring. I have no experience with hernias, but I'm hoping the ultrasound will find a fluid-filled cyst which can be drained easily. You'll be in my thoughts.

Rattus, jeepers I'm sorry to hear all that. Please keep us posted on any further news.

I hope you sort everything out Rattus. That sounds terrible, but at least you know what is going on now. Eating like a mouse and not losing weight is very disheartening. I'm sure the hormonal imbalance associated with the tumour is partly to blame.

Thanks all. I do have to add that I am soooo thankful for the Canadian healthcare system. I only had to wait four weeks for the CAT scan, not the year that the hysterics claim is the general case up here, and as we are so close to being debt free (mortgage will be paid off the first week of October - yay!), I really don't relish the idea of going right back into massive debt. I am also thankful that my history of rave reviews from the people I work for has helped me coast through this lacklustre year, and that my work insurance guarantees a substantial long-term recovery period if I need it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus, I hear the paid-off home mortgage has replaced the BMW as the status symbol of choice. Being able to handle your health issue without stressing over finances is very fortunate.

(And reading your initial post this morning helped spur me on to actually call and schedule a surgery that I'd been trying my best to put off, so I just wanted to say "thanks" for your inadvertent encouragement. )

myrosiedog, i'm going to Cape San Blas just on the other side of Appalachicola for the first week in September with my husband. Come up and spend a few days with us on a beautiful beach and we can kick sand and go snorkeling or whatever we want. And sip margaritas on the deck. We're renting a house right on the beach and I would love to have you visit. How about it???
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread