+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4008433;
    Thanks to all for your kind words. We did have a lovely day, getting out of the Phoenix 105 degree heat up into the mountains where it was 63 at one point. It was wonderful, and really renewed my spirits.

We found a lovely bed and breakfast, and reserved their honeymoon suite for our 46th anniversary next week. Having the sweetest husband in the world is the best medicine I could ask for.
    I am glad to hear of your nice trip. And congratulations on 46 years of marriage. Wow!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4008433;
    Thanks to all for your kind words. We did have a lovely day, getting out of the Phoenix 105 degree heat up into the mountains where it was 63 at one point. It was wonderful, and really renewed my spirits.

We found a lovely bed and breakfast, and reserved their honeymoon suite for our 46th anniversary next week. Having the sweetest husband in the world is the best medicine I could ask for.
    Sounds like you truly have a "soft place to fall." You are, indeed, blessed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Look at it this way, or ask your brother to... the plaque is for their appreciation of her body donation, and not for her childrearing skills. Donating her body did do some good, unlike a lot of her other actions.
    I, too, am so sorry for what you went through.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

He and I talked this morning. He offered, and I concurred, that he would handle disposition of the ashes. I just asked him to not give me the details. Let me explain why.

When her husband died (the child molester) after 28 years together, she took his ashes out to a campground lot that they owned. She dumped his ashes into a poison ivy bush, then immediately went to the campground office and put the lot up for sale. Nice, huh?

I was concerned that my brother would so something similarly disrespectful. In spite of all the things she did, I don't want her ashes to be treated like that. He assured me he wouldn't, but that he will take care of the disposition.

I'm getting this book closed, and moving on with my own golden years. Thanks for listening, everyone. You're a nice group of people!

AZ,
    Wow!! 46 years! What is your secret? That's amazing.

As far as your mom, perhaps her disposition of your stepfather's ashes was, in fact, a tribute to you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue.... I noticed something strange going on with my dog's eye and I have an appt to take him to our vet on Friday to have it examined. He is a 2 year old Shihtzu named Bailey and he is my best friend and my 'baby' and I've been doing some personal research and I am thinking that he has this genetic eye disorder (from his symptoms and behaviors) and the long story short is I looked up costs for the procedures he will need and they are very expensive and I simply can't see how we will be able to afford it. My husband has a medical condition so he only works part time and like a lot of people we are just making it by .. if I can't get some serious financial aid or something I am starting to think I might have to give him to a rescue and it is breaking my heart.. I'm not a bad person and this is tearing me up inside, so much so that my stomach has hurt all day today.. I care about him too much to not do what I can to get him the medical care he needs because of my own feelings , I've been in tears a lot the past few days and I'm praying for a miracle in that I'm wrong and he just needs some kind of drops or something and he will get better

First of all - as hard as it is just wait until the doctors appointment and see what they say. So many people try to diagnose things via the internet and get freaked out. If he does need some major work, I cannot recall at this time, but there is some organization out there that you could apply for credit and make a long term payment agreement.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4010237;
    AZ,
    Wow!! 46 years! What is your secret? That's amazing.

As far as your mom, perhaps her disposition of your stepfather's ashes was, in fact, a tribute to you.
    The secret to success - marry the only person on earth who will put up with you.

Tribute to me? If that were the case, it would be the first and last thing she ever did "for me." It's a nice thought, but I guarantee that's not the case. I think she did it because she found out that when he died, he was on his way to see a mistress with whom he had two young children . . . in spite of telling her that he hadn't seen her in years.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4010311;
    The secret to success - marry the only person on earth who will put up with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4010311;

Tribute to me? If that were the case, it would be the first and last thing she ever did "for me." It's a nice thought, but I guarantee that's not the case. I think she did it because she found out that when he died, he was on his way to see a mistress with whom he had two young children . . . in spite of telling her that he hadn't seen her in years.
    Too, too funny. It sure worked, though, didn't it?

As far as the stepfather, I'm sorry to hear that.
    We've had similar in my family - it's extremely prevalent, unfortunately - so I am very glad to see how well you are doing. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008;4010244;
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue.... I noticed something strange going on with my dog's eye and I have an appt to take him to our vet on Friday to have it examined. He is a 2 year old Shihtzu named Bailey and he is my best friend and my 'baby' and I've been doing some personal research and I am thinking that he has this genetic eye disorder (from his symptoms and behaviors) and the long story short is I looked up costs for the procedures he will need and they are very expensive and I simply can't see how we will be able to afford it. My husband has a medical condition so he only works part time and like a lot of people we are just making it by .. if I can't get some serious financial aid or something I am starting to think I might have to give him to a rescue and it is breaking my heart.. I'm not a bad person and this is tearing me up inside, so much so that my stomach has hurt all day today.. I care about him too much to not do what I can to get him the medical care he needs because of my own feelings , I've been in tears a lot the past few days and I'm praying for a miracle in that I'm wrong and he just needs some kind of drops or something and he will get better
    Madison,

Sorry to hear about your furry friend.
    I would totally agree with Paul's advice.
    Better to know for certain what the problem is before imagining the worst.
    Good Luck and keep us posted on how Bailey is doing.

+ Reply to Thread