+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1772Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I broke my pinky toe on my right foot this morning. What a great way to start off this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinn_123;4005171;
    I broke my pinky toe on my right foot this morning. What a great way to start off this week.
    Oh, I'm so sorry - I've done that before and can feel your pain just by thinking of it. I hope it doesn't give you too much discomfort (although I am sure it will).

Sorry about the toe-what can they do? Tape it to the next one? I have felt your pain earlier this year (mine was the second one)

Quote Originally Posted by famita;4005187;
    Sorry about the toe-what can they do? Tape it to the next one? I have felt your pain earlier this year (mine was the second one)
    Yeah they said tape it to the next one, Ice, take pain meds when needed and the Dr. also said to wear tennis shoes for a while. Otherwise there isn't much that can be done.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm trying to work through something.

I'm 63. Last Friday, my 87-year-old mother died. I haven't spoken to her in several years. When I was 4, she moved a child molester into our home, and stayed with him for 28 years until he turned right on red into the oncoming path of a garbage truck. (God has a sense of humor after all.) My first memory of life was of him molesting me and her catching him in the act. And yet she stayed with him. He continued, and she just looked the other way.

I tried for my entire life (especially after he was killed) to build a relationship with her. I am a Christian, and felt it was my responsibility to honor her. Unfortunately, her guilt over what she'd allowed to happen to me was something she never worked her way through, in spite of my forgiveness. Her way of dealing with it was to push me away. I finally gave up a few years ago, and had not seen her since.

So I'm not sure how I feel now. She put in her will that there was to be no funeral, and she donated her body to science. In a few weeks, they will cremate her and it's up to her survivors to decide what to do with the ashes. My oldest brother has been seeing to her medical care, etc. He and I are the only two of the four surviving children who even speak to each other. He doesn't want to do anything to show respect for her ashes. I just would like the medical place to keep them (one of the options they offer). Brother found out that they'd put her in a nice little niche with a plaque of appreciation. He doesn't feel that she deserves even that.

We'll work through it, but for today hubby and I are going to go for a long drive in the mountains and focus on cooler temps and beautiful scenery.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AZChristian, I'm so sorry. I think it's an individual decision. I can applaud your turning the other cheek, but most of me is trembling in outrage that the abuse was allowed to continue. How poorly your mother must have felt about herself to allow it and turn her head. That right there is why I didn't date for so many years. No one would have loved my children as much as me and no one could have protected them enough. Hopefully you and yours will come to a resolution that is livable to all. You have my sympathies.

I'm so sorry AZChristian. No child should have to go through that. Sounds like you're doing the right thing now, though - letting go and getting on with your life. I wish you peace.
    Count your blessings!

AZChristian, I am sorry for you that you had to go through this. I guess your mother's death could bring closure to those terrible events. Hopefully your brother will find the peace that you have someday. It seems like allowing her remains to stay at the medical facility is a good way to honor her final wishes and show the respect you have been trying to give her. I hope you have a lovely drive with your husband and that you can work this out with your brother.

AZChristian,
    I am very sorry for your pain.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Thanks to all for your kind words. We did have a lovely day, getting out of the Phoenix 105 degree heat up into the mountains where it was 63 at one point. It was wonderful, and really renewed my spirits.

We found a lovely bed and breakfast, and reserved their honeymoon suite for our 46th anniversary next week. Having the sweetest husband in the world is the best medicine I could ask for.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

+ Reply to Thread