+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

My prayers and thoughts to your family also.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Bug, I am so sorry for you and your family. I hope the surgery goes well and can help. I think of you every day.

Thank you all. My prayers have been that they can remove this without having to stop his heart and put him on bypass, (the tumor is 4 cm away from his heart and they aren't sure if it has traveled through the main vein and actually attached to the heart), that during the 2 weeks of recovery, the trauma doesn't create another tumor because the cells feel like it and that he has years, not just months to enjoy his life. I applied to Make A Wish today....hubby went down to the office to turn in the paperwork. They will contact Victor next week when he is fully awake and ask him what he would like. He had said he wanted to stay in the castle at Disneyland and apparently that is a false advertisement that we see on TV. They almost never rent out the room inside the castle....booooooo! I guess he will come up with something that will make him happy.

He ordered a ukulele from Hawaii and received it in the mail last week. He has almost mastered a whole song and is very excited about it! It is so hard because he is 18 next month and really wants to hang out with his friends before they go away to college. He gets so tired after a couple of hours of just watching tv and then he is the biggest grump on the planet! The past week he has been on round the clock pain medication and that makes him sleep or be a complete bear. I just roll with it and kiss him on the head.

I have to remember to get a power of attorney drafted up next week for him to sign and get notarized so that I have control of his health care. He will be 18 August 7th. We just received confirmation that we have a room available at the Ronald McDonald House for today until August 3rd and more time can be added if needed. It costs only $25 a night and they even have sleep number beds! (Not that I usually even sleep there but hubby does). They have high speed internet so I can get some work done next week (gotta keep the job so the benefits don't go away!!) I have to say that even though this really sucks and I want to be angry, I am so blessed to have all of the wonderful people in my life....FORT friends, work friends, strangers, etc. My family and I are truly blessed and when this is all over I for one am going to definitely figure out a way to return this love to those in need.
    Yup, with donuts!!

You are incredible, bug... already thinking of others. Thinking of you often every day.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update, bug! Your strength and amazing attitude simply amaze me.

FORT Fogey

Buglover -- Thanks for taking the time and energy to give us this update.
    I pray the surgery will do what it's supposed to do and that your son will triumph over all this and come out stronger and hopeful.

God bless you and your entire family at this difficult time.

Buglover, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Try not to worry too much if they have to stop his heart; I know that sounds horrible and scary, but while I'm not going to say it's 'nothing', it is very common, especially with a-fib patients; my Mom has had it I think 6 times and L has had it 4 times...
    I am glad to hear that Victor is enjoying his ukelele and wants to see his friends; I think we can all learn something here.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3991819;
    I have to say that even though this really sucks and I want to be angry, I am so blessed to have all of the wonderful people in my life....FORT friends, work friends, strangers, etc. My family and I are truly blessed and when this is all over I for one am going to definitely figure out a way to return this love to those in need.
    It is amazing the support you receive isn't it? Continued prayers for all of you.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, Bug, and I'm praying for all of you for strength and peace.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3992586;
    I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, Bug, and I'm praying for all of you for strength and peace.

I can't even begin to comprehend what you're going through, but you're in my thoughts and prayers.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread