+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Thanks to all who have supported me. I won't find out the lab results until Friday or so. I'll let you know when I know. The procedure was painless. I used some relaxation techniques I've learned over the years and I'm sure that helped. The technician and the doctor were both very kind. When the doctor was done, I thanked him. He said that was a first, which I find hard to believe. He squeezed my hand as he left and wished me luck. Sometimes it really is the little things that make all the difference. Kindess is a salve. Curly Hair.... I feel so badly for you. I have never had chronic pain, so I can't say I know how you feel or offer first hand experience. My aunt, the late Dr. Kay Thompson, was a pioneer in the medical uses of hypnosis. Have you ever considered self-hypnosis? I wish I could offer more to help, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If the only meds that work make you gain weight, remember that your weight is not you. It doesn't define you. Once you have managed the pain, focus outward on ways to help others. A great man once said, "Only those who find a way to serve are truly happy" (either Einstein or Schweitzer).
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I'm late with the good wishes, but I'm glad to hear it was as good an experience as possible for you. Now, let's just keep praying the news you get is good. I hope you don't end up having to wait too long to hear.

Curly, I'm another one who suffers from chronic pain. I have degenerative disc disease, and I've already had three discs removed my neck and three plates put in. I've been through every kind of therapy under the sun, and so far, nothing has helped me much. I have found that ice on the back of my neck at the end of the day helps A LOT. Also I do have pain pills and muscle relaxants that help, but they make me woozy, so I don't like to take them very often. Bextra, celebrex and vioxx worked wonders for me, too, but as you said, they've been taken out of circulation. I have not tried hypnosis, so maybe I'll look into that. If I figure out something that's miraculous, I'll be sure to let you know.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I had no idea so many people suffer with their backs.
    Is that me being selfish and thinking that no one else could be going through this as well.
    Thanks Gutmutter and rosekid for your kind words and advice.
    Gutmutter I hope the results will be good, I will keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer for you.
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time with your back Rosekid.
    If I found anything out, I will also let you know.
    I have a friend on another board that is going to send me some free sample of some pain stuff, I am thinking it is topical, but if it works for me I will let you know what it is.
    It gives me hope to have so many people behind me and wishing me well and praying for me.
    Pain can do such bad things to us and make us depressed, but my spirits have been lifted and I will not stop trying.
    Hugs to all,
    Curly

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I'll be praying for you Curly. And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Gutmutter. I hope you get good news back from the tests.

I have a trouble, but it's not very important. We went on our eighth grade picnic today, and my face, ears, neck, back, shoulders, and arms got sunburnt, and it really hurt when I took a shower. (I used sunscreen. Guess it wasn't waterproof.)

SurvivorGirl - ouch! You know you can take painkiller for sunburn. You sound like you're too young to take aspirin, but Tylenol would help. An ice pack on the worst places will give you some relief (a bag of frozen peas is my favorite ice pack). I won't lecture you on the dangers of sunburn since you did use sunscreen. Back in the day we used to use baby oil (!!!) to hasten a tan and always got burned. Now I look like a discarded leather handbag. Oh! I found the quote I was trying to come up with earlier - "I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve." - Albert Schweitzer.
    Count your blessings!

Healing thoughts to all! I have found a massager works well on my back, but I have to start out super gentle at first and then by the end am applying a lot of pressure.

Survivor Girl, aloe vera gel works great on sunburns too. It is really sticky at first, but eventually absorbs in.

Well, the lab work is in and I have breast cancer. Ductal carcinoma. I'm about to go do an internet search on that. Monday my doctor will call the breast clinic at UMass in Amherst and make an appointment for my next round of tests. You all have been a Godsend. Thank you.
    Count your blessings!

Oh no, Gutmutter! I haven't posted before, but I've been reading your posts. I'm really sorry to hear that. It has to be so scary. But hopefully they've caught it early and they'll be able to fix you up and you'll be fine.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh Gut. I'm so very sorry. I don't even know what to say. Just know that we're all here for you.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread