+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Aw thanks, Bunny! We had a great time and lots of laughs.

I have already decided that once I get sprung, I am going to go have a mani/pedi.

I will, however, ditch the tanning sessions and hair extensions.

FORT Newbie

just caught a cold

FORT Fanatic

We just had an earthquake! I am still shaking! They are saying mid 4's on the richter scale

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;3947511;
    We just had an earthquake! I am still shaking! They are saying mid 4's on the richter scale
    Canada has earthquakes???

Yikes... someone in the Niagara Falls area just posted in the good news thread that there was a tremor as well... Not that it's good news--came as the poster was typing something else!
    Last edited by PWS; 06-23-2010 at 01:56 PM.

wow! That was wierd!!!! We never get tremors or anything like that around here. As I was typing in the other thread, everything started shaking! I finished my post, and left the building, everyone was outside. I'm like ok you guys just ran out and didn't come and get me upstairs!

Chaserla, were are you? I'm in the Niagara Falls area

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3947536;
    wow! That was wierd!!!! We never get tremors or anything like that around here. As I was typing in the other thread, everything started shaking! I finished my post, and left the building, everyone was outside. I'm like ok you guys just ran out and didn't come and get me upstairs!

Chaserla, were are you? I'm in the Niagara Falls area
    I am in mid town Toronto, it felt so weird. I was going to yell at my super because I thought he was doing repairs on a floor below me. The new home construction site behind me just came working as I don't think they felt it. They just upped the intensity to a 5.2!

What was really weird is that I was underground (the PATH mall under the office towers in downtown Toronto), and I felt nothing. I came upstairs and found a group of freaked out people waiting in the lobby who had fled from the upper floors - apparently it really shakes the higher you get. When I first heard "the building shook", I had a moment of consternation because of the guy they arrested this morning who was building a bomb that was related to the G20 Summit, and as we are in the financial gulag we would be a likely target for such lunatics. But, there are about 500 cops wandering about outside my building, so I feel a little safer. Though they can't do a damn thing about those earthquakes .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

According to Tweets, the Epicentre was in Buckingham Quebec, and it was a 5.7
    Picked this up on my f/book.

So much for the $1billion dollars on security in T.O for the Summit, I wonder if they allowed for earthquakes!

ETA

Developing: Earthquake shakes Toronto, eastern Canada | Posted | National Post
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 06-23-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;3947563;
    I am in mid town Toronto, it felt so weird. I was going to yell at my super because I thought he was doing repairs on a floor below me. The new home construction site behind me just came working as I don't think they felt it. They just upped the intensity to a 5.2!
    I'm just over the border in NY and they have been saying it was a 5.5 here. I didn't feel it though, I think I was driving at the time. I found out about it when I arrived at Mr. Nerd's work to drop him off.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Oops. Commented on this in another thread. We lived in South America for 8 years so it felt like a small tremor to me, but everyone else got pretty excited about it. It's not something experienced in Toronto very much.

+ Reply to Thread