+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Famita, you aren't being old fashioned, you are just a person with some integrity, which your friend apparently lacks.
    My sister has a problem with "going with" several men at the time, none of whom know each other, and getting them to buy her things, etc while letting them think the relationship is exclusive. Even though she's divorced, I'm no longer comfortable being around her for mor than a couple of hours, because, quite frankly, she not only refuses to grow up, she embarresses me acting like a ho whenever we go anywhere, flirting with men anywhere from young enough to be her son on up to older than my dad; however, I don't feel the need to tell her that her lifestyle isn't what i want to be around. If she can't figure it out, too bad.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Behavior like that is usually the result of a very low self esteem. I agree with Guardian Angel. I'd have to cut ties with her. Good luck!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Famita, I would just be frank with her and say: "I don't condone this type of behavior and therefore, please keep all details to yourself as I do NOT want to hear it." And I would keep my distance from her.
    Cutting her loose all together is a good idea too.

Cause there is bound to be blowback when her husband and family find out and you don't need that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Famita--sounds as if she got married too young... and is sowing all those wild oats now. But what is somewhat acceptable...or at least more common...in someone who's 20 is really something you are supposed to have grown out of by now.
    if she wants to date multiple guys, fine, since I think you implied the divorce was in progress at least, but what's sleazy is letting the guys think she's exclusive. Not good behavior when men do it, not good behavior when women do it.

FORT Fogey

I do not know if their are any attorneys on here, but I have a question. Can any attorney give any other attorney information on client's without a consent from the client? I have something going on that I need to know before I get angry if I have a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3932275;
    I do not know if their are any attorneys on here, but I have a question. Can any attorney give any other attorney information on client's without a consent from the client? I have something going on that I need to know before I get angry if I have a reason to.
    Generally, no. If it's something that is a confidence or secret, attorneys aren't allowed to share the information. Now, the exact rules vary from state to state.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD

Not unless you give permission. Once you are a client of an attorney, then anything you say or write to that attorney is protected under attorney/client privelege and cannot be shared, even under threat of arrest.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

We're assuming you aren't sharing your plans to blow up the local high school with your attorney of course!

I've been in general lurk mode here ever since last Friday....when I broke my arm! I am still in shock that it happened. And, of course, it was soooo stupid how it happened. Too stupid to even mention here. Let's just say I fell....and fell hard on the pavement and ended up breaking my right arm right around the elbow. Geesh.

Last Friday, my younger daughter and I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy shower gifts for my other daughter's BFF's bridal shower, which was held last Sunday. We had such a busy weekend ahead, and definitely didn't need this. After BB&B, we were to go to my brother's house for a small, intimate dinner with my six siblings, their spouses and kids who were all in town to celebrate a surprise 60th Anniversary party for my parents which was held last Saturday. We drove to my brother's house, had my know-it-all SIL look at my arm, and then my sister who is a nurse checked it out once she arrived. When hubby met up with us after he got out of work, we decided it was time to go to urgent care. It hurt, but I didn't really think it was actually broken. It was!

At Urgent Care, they put a temporary cast on my arm, sort of an immobilizer and told me to call an orthopedic surgeon on Monday.

We were able to partake in the festivities on Saturday, and I ended up not going to my daughter's friend's shower on Sunday. Monday, which also happened to be OUR 30th Anniversary, was spent at the orthopedic surgeon's office.

It is amazing how much we take for granted until something like this occurs. I cannot get dressed by myself. I need help in the bathroom. I can't even comb or brush my hair! I can brush my teeth, so that is nice. Can't drive, clean or cook. I can just basically lurk on here, watch TV, and sleep. And typing one-handed takes a long time!

Back to lurk mode.....

MRD

MamaC, I am so sorry this happened. I hope that you have fast healing. Take some calcium supplements, will help promote bone healing.
    Sending healing hugs your way.

+ Reply to Thread