+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1670Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Not a major trouble, but I did something to my neck or shoulder a few days ago and I've been getting headaches from it every day since Friday. Of course, this happens on a holiday weekend. I have an appointment with the chiropractor at 2:00 today so I hope that helps. Plus, my MIL is in the area. I hope she still doesn't remember where we live.

Sending some good thoughts your way Velvet Red. I hope things improve for you.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Sending healing thoughts to all.

Lil Bit, famita, and Velvet--you are on the prayer list.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thank you mrd, Lil Bit, famita and queenb.

And of course, those not posting but still sending them up (I know because I do that quite a bit).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

MRD

Lil Bit, I have constant neck and shoulder problems from a car accident about 7 years ago. So I quite literally feel your pain. Hope teh chiro can fix it up for you.
    Have you ever tried Tiger Balm? It is in a very small jar, sold in most drug stores. I get mine at Walgreens. It works so well for me and doesn't burn me or smell as bad as Icy hot. And it really helps the sore muscles.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sending prayers to all, I hope all negative issues are resolved with positive changes.

Thanks all. My chiropractor is great, except he scolded me for waiting too long to come in. I told him if he was open on weekends and holidays I wouldn't have had to wait so long. He just gave me one of "those looks." I am much better today though. Not 100 percent yet, but another day and more ice to reduce the swelling should do the trick.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I have a little dilemma. We know I am old fashioned about a lot of things. I have a long time friend (over 40 yrs) who originally told me she was thinking about getting a divorce. I told her to be sure, to go to counselling, to do pro & con lists, etc. well, it turns out she has been carrying on an affair and even wanted me to cover for her. I told her no, and if asked I could not lie. Now, after announcing her undying love for #2 (and she's not even divorced yet), up springs #3 who she's having a fling with while still carrying on about #2. And #2 has some health concerns and after saying she'll wait forever, after 1/2 wks there's even #4. So, how, after telling her I do not want to hear it, do I get her to keep it to herself. I'm not a prude,....I just have a problem w/the circumstances.

So would I. Plain as day - please keep it to yourself.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

What makes people do crazy things?? s

famita, If I were in your shoes, I would have a very frank conversation with her and tell her, I don't want to know or have anything to do with it. I don't want to be used as a cover up for her, and I most definately do not agree with what she's doing. If she wants my advise and thoughts on the matter, I'd give it to her, actually I'd probably give it to her anyway.

She is obviously going through some issues, and she is going to be using you if she can for cover ups. That's dangerous.

Even if she doesn't talk about it with you, it would be difficult to remain friends knowing what she's up to.

I'd have to let the friendship go, but not before telling her exactly what I think.She's hurting alot of people along the way, not to mention her reputation, what would her family think if they knew? She won't have many friends or family left if she keeps this up.

She's been a long time friend, I think I would have to tell her how I feel, and let it go. Leave the rest to her.

+ Reply to Thread