+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1554Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Geez, sounds like my husband's family. We got a call yesterday telling us that they are having a surprise birthday party for my father in law. This weekend. Everyone in the family knows that my husband and I both work on the weekends. And if that wasn't enough, the party is Sunday evening at 5 p.m., 100 miles away from where we live. Mr. Bit works Sunday afternoon AND he has to be to work at his full time job at 5 a.m. Monday morning. So, even if we could both find someone to work for us Sunday, that's a long drive to make after a party on a Sunday night. I have no idea why they didn't schedule it for a Saturday night or even Friday night. This is probably more convenient for them, but WE will be the A-holes for not attending. We just can't win with these people and I, for one, have stopped trying.

Btw, my husband's brother, who always complains that we don't go to see them, has been to our house ONCE in the last 12 years! I'm pretty sure they live the same distance from us as we do from them.

MRD - one thing I've learned is that it's better to get people like that out of your life. You have enough on your plate without having to worry about what idiots like those two "friends" think or say. Turn the page on them and get on with rebuilding your life. I'm so glad you have so many good friends to help you through this difficult time.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some friendships, like people, do expire. No biggie. Been there, done that. I think the trick is to recognize when it's time to "pull the plug".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD, I had to dump a few friends because it became obvious they only came around when they needed me for something. If I needed something, they were always so busy or critical to the point I had to just cut all communication. You should surround yourself with people who love you for you and not for what they think they can get out of you.

Hope things get better for you. There is always light at the end of every crap filled tunnel!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Well they are on my no fly list as of now.

I've known them for a long time, but haven't seen either one since I moved 4 years ago. But we did talk on the phone and email, etc. So I have no idea why now, why this? But honestly one of them said I made her feel like a D list friend. The one that I've taken into my own home when hers was badly damaged in a hurricane, that I"ve driven to the hospital, that I've listened to her go on about her kids, etc. Yeah, D list friends are never there when you need them.

Well, she just put herself at the bottom of the list. D list would be a HUGE step up for her at this point.

No, I don't need that crap. I have other really good friends that don't cause drama. AND my daughter does not need a shower gift from either of them despite the fact that over the years, I've bought graduation, wedding and baby gifts for the 8 kids they have between them.

And I have all you guys who are so wise and supportive.

Bug, I'm just tired of wading through those crap filled tunnels to the light. I'm sure you are too. Maybe you and I can find some good waders to wear while we go through that tunnel.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3914292;
    ...OK, whatever, time to cross them off the friend list and move on. Have too many other friends that have literally come out of the woodwork wanting to help me, not cause me more problems. And these two are perfect for each other, so they can talk about me all they want as long as they leave me out of it. I can live without having to hear all this stuff.
    I agree: ditch the bitches! People like that are total energy drains -- sucking the life out of everyone, and never giving anything positive back. Who needs 'em? Kudos to you for seeing this early!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

This isn't really a trouble per say. Rather it's more like a things that make you sad. I didn't get the job (only a one-year temp position) that I had really wanted for fall. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, but it still just sucks!!

Sorry canadian angel. I hope something better turns up for you.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

CA, I'm so sorry to hear that. And I too think everything happens for a reason. Maybe a better job is out there waiting.

FORTies, I am going through some very difficult times. Although I don't often post in this thread, I do check back on it, and I hope that all's situations are getting better.

I ask for your prayers and good thoughts. Thank you in advance.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

MRD

You got them Velvet Red.

+ Reply to Thread