+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1549Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Reneekk, I'm sort of in the same boat (it's not blocked but they track our internet activity)... Thankfully I've got my blackberry, which is how I'm posting now.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

This site is my secret pleasure at work. Thankfully I don't have anyone breathing down my neck at work so I shoot here at different times during the day!

I think as parents, we rise to where we need to be for our children. Hoping and praying for good results in eveyone's quest for cancer treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3904866;
    Mine probably isn't nearly as bad as most on here, but I'm really bummed. They blocked FORT at work. It's ruined my whole work day!
    Did you see the recent Yahoo story about 40% of bosses also read workers' emails?

I'm surprised most work places even have internet access on employee computers. Why do they? Not judging (in case anyone reads as such); just curious. Seems too tempting!

That said, I am sorry you won't be able to check in to FORT during the day. Maybe the boss needs to make the work place more fun if possible. Or less regimented in some ways.

MRD

We had internet access where I worked because we had to do research online.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

So I am not sure if I should put this in Oasis Parents thread or this one. Dealing with the effects of chemo and the tumor pushing on his stomach, along with his 17 year old attitude is exhausting! I guess I could think of it as a good thing that his attitude is coming back because it must mean he is feeling a little better...lololol
    Yup, with donuts!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

That is a good sign, bug! My prayers are with you and Victor.

Still thinking of you and Victor. Gotta love the attitude.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hang in there bug, I know it isn't easy.

MRD

Keep on keeping on Bug. Still sending lots of positive energy.

I have a rhetorical question. Why do some people in your life, make things so difficult?? Why do they turn everything around to it being all about them?
    I have 2 friends here that obviously talked about me on the phone last night as I later got messages from both of them telling me that they talked to the other and that she is hurt. So both are hurt. Both felt the need to get off the phone and run to the computer to send me a message about the other one.
    And here is what caused the hurt:

Friend 1: Was to go visit her, had a flat tire, had difficulties with it, called her to let her know so, she said at the time she understood. Apparantly not.
    (she has a car, she could have come to see ME. But in the 12 years I've known her, she's come to see me only a handful, I always have to go there)

Friend 2: hurt she did not get a bridal shower invitation for my daughter's shower. I've asked her 3 times for her new address and yet to get it. She's hurt she didn't get one, but it's kind of hard to send one to "jane doe, somewhere in Florida"

Both know my circumstances and why I'm in Florida. Yet they both were extremely hurtful to me last night and one flat out told me that I just need to "get over" my problems. (I'm sorry, do many people just up and get over the breakup of a 21 year marriage overnight? Because maybe I'm doing this all wrong). The other told me that my problems are NOTHING compared to hers. OK, yeah, everyone on this planet has problems. I wasn't asking for sympathy, I wasn' t asking for anything from her. I just told her what had happened.

OK, whatever, time to cross them off the friend list and move on. Have too many other friends that have literally come out of the woodwork wanting to help me, not cause me more problems. And these two are perfect for each other, so they can talk about me all they want as long as they leave me out of it. I can live without having to hear all this stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

MRD, so sorry to hear about your late friends. I personally think you've been handling yourself w/grace lately. I had a friend who always had me go to her house and I did grow to resent it a little. She had a better car and more money for transportation resources, but expected me to travel. Your other friend didn't get an invite for the shower. Well, you all know I get a little evil at times, so here is my advise. You can either write them off now with no explanation, or you can take the time to light into them both and then call it a day. What would make you feel better? Were you really surprised? Are you better off with them or without them?

I have a friend who decided to have an affair after 20+ years of marriage, is going through a divorce, and calls because her boyfriend is having other problems. I'm a firm believer that if your marriage is not working, either fix it or get out. Wait until the divorce is final BEFORE dating others. I've told her this and yet she still calls me. I get tired of hearing the same thing, and have even taken the step of checking to see who it is before I answer the phone. My biggest fear is that I won't answer the phone if it is something devastating. Yet, I feel my peace of mind is more important.

So, MRD, you get some more wonderful choices to make. Glad that otherwise your trip to Fl was rewarding!

+ Reply to Thread