+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Bug, you and your son are in my thoughts and prayers as well.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

lol.... see how tired I was... I said golf ball...it's the size of a soft ball. First round of chemo was a little rough and we had a very sleepless night. He got sick about 4 times during the night and usually because the nurses kept waking us for him to urinate. Today he has been sleeping mostly and now and has gotten sick about 3 times. I was told that the getting sick would be worse today than last night just because of the drug they gave him. Tonight we have the last dose of the second medicine which takes 15 minutes to administer and then tomorrow, training on cleaning his central line, giving him shots to boost his white cells and the 30 or so questions I have written down to answer. If he can keep water down, we can go home late tomorrow afternoon/early evening and start this all again in 3 weeks. I told him that it will be 5 days maximum of feeling sick and then getting better, and so on. It will be worth it when they can remove this part of his liver and begin the last of the chemo.......I'm looking forward to a full recovery. That's what is in my mind of course!

Oh I will probably be starting a Caring Bridge or Care Pages site in the next week to update everyone on the progress. Thank you all for your love. I have become stronger than I have ever been in my life. I am no longer in fear of anything, I am only concentrating on kicking this cancer in the rear!
    Last edited by buglover; 05-15-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

You have always been this strong my friend.....You just didn't know it! Your love for that boy will pull him through this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Make sure you post the Caring Bridge link in here. I am praying for Victor and for your strength. It is always amazing what we can do when we must.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just found out a friend I went to high school with passed away yesterday from leukemia. He was at Walter Reed Hospital preparing for a bone marrow transplant and didn't make it. David spent some time talking with me at the last class reunion I went to back in '08 shortly after Zac was diagnosed and sent me an email when Zac passed. He never told me that he had been diagnosed with leukemia over 7 years ago and had been undergoing treatment. He just came public with it a couple of weeks when he headed to Walter Reed and started a Caring Bridge site at that time.
    Cancer sucks.
    On a positive note 50,286 participants- a record - showed up in Columbus today for the Komen Race for the Cure. Komen Columbus has raised more than $15 million since it started in 1993. The event should have raised at least $2.5 million this year.

Race for the Cure reaches successful conclusion | The Columbus Dispatch
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-15-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Cancer stinks
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Cancer does suck. Sorry, Unk.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I used to have a big, lime green shirt that said, "Cancer Sucks" in big black letters. I didn't wear it much for fear of offending someone, and sure enough - someone at our cancer support group had seen someone else wearing one and ranted about how offensive she found it. I gave it away.
    Bug - I'll continue to think of you and Victor, and will watch for your link.
    Our cancer support group is going today to visit our friend who is dying. That will be hard, but will certainly put my petty problems into perspective.
    Count your blessings!

Mine probably isn't nearly as bad as most on here, but I'm really bummed. They blocked FORT at work. It's ruined my whole work day!

Noooooo! Don't they know that happy workers are productive workers?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread