+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2018Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3903141;
    Thank you everyone for all the nice thoughts and prayers. We received the full diagnosis yesterday. Victor has stage 3 Hepatocellular Carcenoma which is extremely rare for an otherwise healthy teenager to get. The tumor is about the size of a golfball and is branching out into the main vein that leads from the liver to his heart. We start chemo today in hopes of shrinking the tumor and getting that branch to pull out of that vein. There are also several smaller shaded areas in his lungs, spine and pancreas. They believe they are mets. If he tolerates the chemo treatment, we get to go home Sunday evening for 19 days and then come back for another round.

If the tumor gets smaller, the surgeon will get to go in and remove that part of the liver and take a better look around inside that area of his body to see if there are any other mets that couldn't be seen on a scan. Once the tumor is removed and he has healed a little, we will do 4 more treatments and go from there.

Cancer really doesn't discriminate.... the most amazing kids, adults, etc. get sick for no reason. We are donating the tumor once removed to research so that one day we can all live cancer free!

Again, thank you all for the positive thoughts and prayers and keep them coming!
    Bug - Keeping you and Victor in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated. Know that your Fort friends are here for you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Buglover,

Thank you so much for updating us.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    We are all here for you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Buglover: good luck on your journey. You will be in my thoughts and good vibes going your way.

You know without a doubt that you have my support and prayers.

Bug - I'm sorry to hear the cancer is so involved. That must be hard to take. I hope the chemo does its job and he tolerates it well enough to come home Sunday. May I recommend that you look for a cancer support group? If your son is not well enough to go, you may benefit from going yourself. They are for family, survivors, and anyone involved in the process of cancer treatment. Ours is so supportive. There really is nothing like being in a room full of people who know what you're going through. Even if now isn't the right time, keep this recommendation in mind for later. You know I'll be keeping you and Victor in my heart and prayers.
    Count your blessings!

Buglover--I am going to keep your son on my prayer list; I am sorry to hear this. I'm hoping that he tolerates the chemo well, and that it works as it's supposed to or better. Keep us posted
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Buglover Along with everyone else, I am keeping you and Victor in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

Bug, Love and positive thoughts are with you and Victor as you find your way through this. You know where to find me....anytime ♥

MRD

Bug, sending my thoughts and prayers along with everyone else's. Thinking postively that this will respond quickly to treatment.
    You need to talk, you know how to get in touch with me. I'm here for you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bug, I'm with you and your son in spirit - I hope the chemo works just right and doesn't cause him much discomfort. Get some rest if you can

+ Reply to Thread