+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

MamaC, you might be able to file a complaint with the Sherriff's department. That way, they have it on record that it happened, but no arrest or other action is taken. Then if there is future trouble, you have something on file about her past.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My $250 charge for replacing the brake lines on my Olds has now escalated to $605 as the master cylinder and power booster also need to be replaced. The joys of owning a 36 year old car.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3902533;
    My $250 charge for replacing the brake lines on my Olds has now escalated to $605 as the master cylinder and power booster also need to be replaced. The joys of owning a 36 year old car.
    are much more offset by the joy of driving it
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

...or the hospital costs if the brakes fail!
    Count your blessings!

and you wind up in traction....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

...and then the car is kaput...

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3900420;
    Bug, no matter what happens, I think these changes in you are going to help your son as much as anything, and you will honor him by sticking to them.
    Thank you everyone for all the nice thoughts and prayers. We received the full diagnosis yesterday. Victor has stage 3 Hepatocellular Carcenoma which is extremely rare for an otherwise healthy teenager to get. The tumor is about the size of a golfball and is branching out into the main vein that leads from the liver to his heart. We start chemo today in hopes of shrinking the tumor and getting that branch to pull out of that vein. There are also several smaller shaded areas in his lungs, spine and pancreas. They believe they are mets. If he tolerates the chemo treatment, we get to go home Sunday evening for 19 days and then come back for another round.

If the tumor gets smaller, the surgeon will get to go in and remove that part of the liver and take a better look around inside that area of his body to see if there are any other mets that couldn't be seen on a scan. Once the tumor is removed and he has healed a little, we will do 4 more treatments and go from there.

Cancer really doesn't discriminate.... the most amazing kids, adults, etc. get sick for no reason. We are donating the tumor once removed to research so that one day we can all live cancer free!

Again, thank you all for the positive thoughts and prayers and keep them coming!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3903141;
    Thank you everyone for all the nice thoughts and prayers. We received the full diagnosis yesterday. Victor has stage 3 Hepatocellular Carcenoma which is extremely rare for an otherwise healthy teenager to get. The tumor is about the size of a golfball and is branching out into the main vein that leads from the liver to his heart. We start chemo today in hopes of shrinking the tumor and getting that branch to pull out of that vein. There are also several smaller shaded areas in his lungs, spine and pancreas. They believe they are mets. If he tolerates the chemo treatment, we get to go home Sunday evening for 19 days and then come back for another round.

If the tumor gets smaller, the surgeon will get to go in and remove that part of the liver and take a better look around inside that area of his body to see if there are any other mets that couldn't be seen on a scan. Once the tumor is removed and he has healed a little, we will do 4 more treatments and go from there.
    Bug,

I am so sorry that you son has to go through this ordeal. I am glad that he is under the capable care of his doctors and that they have a solid treatment plan in place. He, and the rest of your family, will be in my prayers.

Buglover, let us know if there's anything we can do. I'll be thinking about you, Victor and your family.

Buglover, Please please know that Victor is going to be in my thoughts and prayers. I am thinking of you also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread