+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 4080818283848586878889909192939495969798991001401905901090 ... LastLast
Like Tree1692Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm glad my troubles are a source for your amusement. hmmpphhh.

Well, today's the day for my biopsy... 9:30. Those of you so inclined, please keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Thanks to those who sent supportive pms.
    Count your blessings!

I need your help.

This is very hard for me to do.
    I am not the type of person that asks for things for myself.

Let me tell you what is going on. I had surgery on my back in 1991. I had a spinal tumor, but Thank God it was not cancer. So because of that surgery I have a weaker back that the normal person would.

Well about 5 years ago, during the winter, I went outside to feed our animals and I slipped and fell on our concrete front porch and hurt my right hip and back. This caused me to be in quite a bit of pain and when the pain didn't get any better I went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription for Vioxx (spelling?). I also had an MRI done and found out that the fall had probably caused two of my discs to bulge and that is where the pain is coming from. Anyway Vioxx worked great, but it made me gain about 20lbs. So I stopped taking Vioxx and my doctor then gave me prescription for Bextra. It worked great and I didn't gain any weight from this medicine. Well, Bextra has been taken off the market. So my doctor gave me Mobic (spelling?) and I didn't really notice any change in pain, but I did notice something else, my feet and legs had swollen up, and I had gained about 8lbs in less than a week. So I have quit taking it as well.

I am in pain most of the time. I am very stiff in my back and it makes it very hard to me to just do my day-to-day activities. I know that there are lots of people out there that have greater needs than mine, but I am asking if any of you know of any other meds I could maybe try or some natural meds or exercise or just anything you can think of. The pain is really starting to get the best of me.

I am also asking if you could say a prayer for me that I can find some comfort from this pain, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs to you all,
    Curly

Gutmutter,
    I hope everything goes well for you today.
    Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.
    Hugs,
    Curly

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Thinking of you today Gutmutter. Everything's crossed for you.

Curly - good luck managing your pain. Prayers for you!

Gutmutter, my thoughts are with you.

Curly, I injured my back when I was pregnant with my second child. It bulged for about a year and half before it ruptured. (I was leaning slightly forward scrubbing the kitchen sink when it ruptured. ALWAYS AVOID leaning forward slightly when brushing teeth, doing dishes, laundry, ....)

With bulging disks, you really should get into physical therapy. Do you have health insurance? It probably will cover it. With that caveat, .....

My favorite exercise from the therapy I went through is the prone lumbar extensions. Basically they are pushups where you only use your arms, letting your back sag into an exaggerate sway. These two links describe it the best, with illustrations. It kind of pushes bulging discs back into place. It didn't help me once it had ruptured, but I use it now when I'm occasionally bothered.

Figures 1, 2 and 3:
    http://www.spine-health.com/topics/c.../sciaex02.html

Prone Lumbar Extension:
    http://www.lowbackpain.com/exercise.shtml

I hope this information helps.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Gutmutter, my prayers are with you. Please let us know how you make out.

Curly, I hope your pain goes away. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Good luck Gutmutter, and Curly too. Hopefully, you should have results by the end of the week Gut, and not have to wait over the weekend....

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Good luck, Gut, and my prayers and good thoughts are coming your way

Curly, have you gone to a doctor who specializes in pain management? I don't have any words of wisdom, but I hope someone is able to free you of pain sooner rather than later. And of course, I said a prayer for you.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Thank you marybethp, veejer, combatcutie, canuckinchile and jewelsy.
    The prayers and the well wishes mean more than I can say.
    I am going to try the exercises, check in to going to PT and pain management.
    This gives me hope that things will get better.
    I will be going home here in a few minutes, but I will check in with you all in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread