+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 1220 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819591095091009 ... LastLast
Like Tree1554Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

The good news is that my sister's housing and job situation look to be stabalizing.

It's my turn to throw a self-pity party. I wanna move out of my dad's house so badly, but I'm not making enough money. I really don't wanna get into specifics, but I'm falling apart emotionally.

Sleepysluggo, I'm sorry. I hope things get better for you soon.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    sleepysluggo. I'm sure things will get better soon.

Now I need to vent about something.

Where I go to school, the eighth graders get sweatshirts with "St. _______ Class of __" printed on the back and a little logo representing the class on the front. We get to design our own logo and turn it in and we all vote on it. For the logo choices, we have a smiley face, a monkey, flaming dice, and a palm tree. And sadly, I'm not kidding. And we also aren't going to have hoods or pockets due to some problems they had before. So our sweatshirts are pretty much going to suck.

FORT Fogey
    Ugh- I'm having such big problems with my friends. There's a group of about 5 of us who've been friends since way back and are all really close. And then we have 2/3 people who we like, but don't call up much to do stuff on weekends. And then theres these 3 people- Julie, Kat and Gloria. We really don't like them. They are EXTREMELY quiet and have never said more than a few words all of 9th grade and these 4 weeks of 10th. It's always, "Wow its really hot today" or "How was the Chem test?" They have nothing in common with us- we are the "jocks" of the school and they play no sports. They sit with us at lunch, and basically just stand there watching over our shoulders and listening in on our conversations without contributing.

The problem is between me and my 4 other best friends. They all want to get rid of Julie, Kat and Gloria. I will admit, they are quite annoying just because it's weird that they know so much about us but they've never said a word. We've given them a few subtle hints, such as moving around where we sit every day, but they always find us. So my friends want to actually tell them that we don't like them to their face, or to get up right when they sit down. (please note, my friends are not such bitches normally, I think the tension has just been building up and they can't take it anymore) But I think that's incredibly mean and I am just a nice person. I just don't want to be the person who makes them cry themselves to sleep. I'm just not a mean person like that. So I always protest when they say, "Oh let's get up and leave, here they come" So they're all kind of... not mad, but just like, "Ugh come on pinkie! Why do you have to be so nice? It's not like they are nice to us!" And they always blame me for befriending them- (they were new to the school last year, so I was nice to them.) UGH-- so I don't know what to do. They are really annoying and I don't like them, but I don't want to be terribly mean. But then I can't protest for the rest of the year...

UGH- I hate high school- so much DRAMA!!!!

Pinkie, you probably don't want to hear what I have to say but you asked for it.
    Your "friends" sound like a bunch of the snots I went to school with all those many years ago. They thought they were too good for the rest of us and let us know it every way they could. We soon learned that they were not quite as great as they thought they were and we left them alone. I remember every one of them and when I go home and see any of them I say hello and that's it. I could have used their friendship then, don't need it now. I think if you agree to be in on the public humiliation you should be prepared to make life time enemies of the new girls. Just from reading your posts here I feel that you have more in common with the new girls than you do with the self appointed popular girls. Don't be involved in any confrontation until you give it much thought. You could be losing someone who would be a lifetime friend. You don't have to be part of a click to be popular. The really, really popular kids are friendly with every one. Pm me when you have had time to think about what I've said. I'd like to discuss it further. You should, and probably do have a few "best" friends. That's fine but don't limit yourself to just them.

No girl appreciates the "nice guy". That's the story of my life.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck
    No girl appreciates the "nice guy". That's the story of my life.

No! That's so not true. I don't know how old you are, and that may make a difference. I've been told that when men are "assessing" a woman, she falls into one of the two categories: The ones you take home to mom, and the ones you don't. I think that's true for women too. We (well, most of us) like and are drawn to the bad boy - at first. It's the nature in women to think we can be the one who will "change" him, plus we have the nice guy as our friend, and a back-up (like a last-minute date necessary for a party etc.). IMO, if you stay around, be there for her, and treat her like a lady, she'll find out who the nice guy really is. It may take a while, but she'll most likely figure it out.

Besides, if she doesn't appreciate you, why would you want her?

I had a "nice guy" friend for years, he watched me make a fool of myself, he sat with me waiting for the phone to ring, and was always the first one I'd call in any situation. And he was always, always there for me. By the time I figured it out, he had accepted a transfer with his job and was living in Alaska.

So here I sit, all alone, after having been dumped by a two-timing (is there a 12-timing?) piece of garbage, wondering, where's Bryan when I need him?

eta: one more thing, that av doesn't do much to attract the ladies.

I agree with you, J.D., totally. There's two types of people when dating...the kind who maybe only want to have fun, and the committed kind that would make excellent 'marriage material'. Fun is short-lived....but the serious, loyal committed kind is there for the long haul, usually.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

J.D. - Okay, I'll ammend my first post to "no girls prioritize the nice guy first". What's the saying "nice guys finish last?". I disagree. Nice guys don't finish last....they don't even finish.

Oh, and I'm 30 year old, so my time is ticking...tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. I'm not going to waste my years away waiting for women to learn the value of the nice guy (for more than friendship). Funny though...that's all I've been doing. All good things to those who wait. I'm sure I'll find someone in due time. Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!

(i'll consider an avatar change---maybe)

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Well, I filed for divorce on Tuesday. I'm hoping in the long run it takes care of my troubles. But, I know I'm in for a tough period during the divorce process.
    Here's one to you Nancy. I thought you were a match made in heaven from the time I read about the driveway troubles.

I haven't made any formal announcements on here myself, but in honor of the thread and putting this *crap* behind me, I'm in the midst of a divorce myself and it's unfortunately taking longer than I wanted/expected. It's a roller coaster, but I know at the end of the ride, I will feel exhilerated. Chin up girlfriend. You took the hard first step.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread