+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1554Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Unk and MamaC, My thoughts, prayers and hugs go out to you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

OY! Don't know what else to post.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

So much bad news recently. I'm sorry to hear of everyone's troubles.

MamaC - what a strange tale. The girl must be very disturbed... hope she gets some help. I'm glad you were paid back the money. So sorry about your sister. I'm alarmed about the part where her past chemo/radiation added to the "perfect storm" as a past cancer treatment survivor myself. I didn't realize that put me at greater risk.
    I came here because a dear friend from my cancer support group has been given 2 months to live (renal failure). She had survived her original cancer for 7 years and then it came back with a vengeance. She is the most positive, irreverant person I know - she even gave herself a special cancer-fighting name like a super hero. Please pray for her during this devastating time.
    Count your blessings!

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and you Gutmutter.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Gut, so sorry to hear about your friend. Thoughts and prayers for both of you.

MamaC, could it be that this girl was doing something as a dare or to make her more popular with the other girls that snub her? I know it's wrong no matter what her motivation was. But teenagers go to great lengths to just be accepted sometimes. It sucks that she did this to your daughter and your family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gutmutter - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. You are both in my thought's and prayers.

MamaC - I really hope your daughter's friend is prosecuted for her crimes. Her mother paying you back is nice for you, but only teaches her daughter that there is no consequence for her actions. She needs to be punished for what she did. I'm sending prayers and healing wishes to your sister and mother. I hope things start looking up for all of you.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gut, I am not really sure what the correlation is between having had cancer and future problems down the road. I would have to ask another sister who is also in the medical field, but I think the body goes through an awful lot....all the organs are affected to some extent by the chemo and/or radiation. In my sister's case, apparently the valves in or to her heart were weakened by her treatments. I know you are proactive with your health care, and am pretty positive that your doctors are extra vigilant when you go in for annual physicals. I am also very hopeful that when my sister goes back to the cardiologist in September, he tells her that the meds are doing what they should be doing and she won't have to have the surgery. Fingers crossed.

----------

My daughter's ex-friend is truly messed up. My daughter didn't say much about her when school started up last fall. Seems she was an in-patient in the psych ward. Her mom told me that she has O.D.D. - oppositional defiant disorder - something I had never heard about. I had just always assumed the kid was ADD and definitely spoiled and overindulged. She got out of the hospital after two months, was tutored at home for a while, and then she went back to school. She does have a psychiatrist treating her, but there are times when she doesn't show up for the appointments....or she will walk out if the doc is running behind. She is on medication, but isn't taking them!

She actually dropped out of school the day she took the money out of the bank. It was the first day back to school after the Spring Break and she was told she didn't have enough credits to graduate in June. She had three options....drop out and get her GED, go to summer school and come back in the fall and complete the rest of her courses during that semester, or drop out now and re-enroll in August and repeat her senior year and graduate next June. She opted for the latter, even though her mom feels she will not re-enroll. Right now she is not working and is just out there doing whatever she feels like!

The mom is taking the brunt of her daughter's wrath. But I feel the parents are still enabling her. They all need serious counseling. The mom feels the daughter should be back in the hospital, the father thinks the mom is being too hard on the kid. All of this is affecting their marriage. The cops have said they can't do anything until she tries to harm herself....or her mom! Yet they let the kid come and go as she pleases, she is still able to drive her car....hence all the gas purchases! Why they have not taken the keys away is beyond me. Within the first six months of having her license, she was in FIVE accidents and totaled two cars! Yet they gave in and bought her another car! The kid has been hanging out with a really bad crowd, doesn't come home for days or weeks at a time. It is really a mess and I don't see a happy ending here at all. I really think she is going to end up dead or she is going to get into another accident and hurt someone else.

When she was hanging around here during the Spring Break, I figured things were okay because the kids were hanging out here....at my house....and I was here. I would rather they hung around here than be out on the road, etc. Once I heard about her driving record, I told my daughter she was not allowed to go riding around with this chick! And my daughter understood why. I am actually relieved that this friendship is over.

LilBit, I agree that she should be held responsible for what she did. And that is why we went to the cops. The cops have to send a letterhead to the credit card companies to get the info from them and then the local cops are the ones who do the investigations....go to the gas stations to look over videos, etc. This is what the credit card companies and the cops told us. Even though the girls went to the same school, we live in two different towns in two different counties. Her town does have its own police department...and they know about this girl and her situation. Our town is policed by either the state police or the county sheriff department. And this chick did put gas into her car in two other nearby counties....she was all over the place. Whether or not anything happens we will have to wait and see. In NY, grand larceny is for amounts over $1000.00. So she could be charged with petty larceny. When her mom pleaded with us not to go to the cops, I could understand where she was coming from. But I want it on record that this kid did these things to us, in case she tries something else. I did tell the mom that the next time something happens, I am not calling her first, I will call the cops and she totally understands.

The mom also figured that she would cash in some of her daughter's savings bond to use to pay us back. When she went into her safe, she found out that the daughter had taken out all of her savings bonds....and cashed them in! Nice!

MamaC feels a headache coming on now! Arghhh. As upsetting as this has all been, I thank God that she is not my kid and I don't have the kind of problems that her parents are dealing with. Our mistake was that we were too nice and too trusting in this case.

MamaC I agree about her parents being enablers. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you having problems in your life right now.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Gee, after reading what I've missed since the flood, my troubles are way too small to even talk about.
    I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers to you all.

+ Reply to Thread