+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Prayers are needed

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3899546;
    OKC ... I am sorry for your town devastation. I hope you and your family are okay. Prayers ahead for those that did loose cherished things.
    Thank you so much. I appreciate it.. My house (one that we closed on last week) is fine.

I am from Oklahoma and we were spared any of the bad. My daughter lives in Norman and they were all around her. The house they are buying near McCloud had tornados there but the house was okay. Prayers for all who suffered loss.

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3899410;
    Funny thing....... for the past year I felt like I had no strength. No will to leave the house, no reason to watch my weight, all because of feeling powerless over life in general......This has come about and I am so confident and strong right now and I thank you all for that. This is my only child. His sister was taken from us when she was 1 1/2 months old, I lost my mother when I was 26 years old....there is nothing these doctors can tell me that is going to make me roll over and give up. I can't believe how strong I feel in my faith in the universe, god, etc. I am not overly religious by any means but I am a very spiritual person. I believe in the power of thought, prayer, love. I know there is a path for everyone and I know I must accept what I cannot change. I know that nothing that has happened to the people I love has had anything to do with me. There is always a life lesson to be learned. My son, my family and I will have to wait to find out what that is. I won't lay down and just give it up to see how it will end, I will fight, I will research, I will love with every ounce of my being until the outcome is what it is. I will not blame myself or those around me. I've done enough of that for a whole tribe of people in my life. Thank you all again for sending these thoughts and vibes and for just being here.
    Bug, no matter what happens, I think these changes in you are going to help your son as much as anything, and you will honor him by sticking to them.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Matt just called to let me know that a friend of his since elementary school was found dead in his apartment this morning. Dan had some health issues earlier this year with his lungs and was hospitalized at that time. So far no official world on the cause. Matt is kind of freaking out about this. Dan was a harmless good old boy who hadn't quite grown up yet. Matt tried to help him out as much as possible and help him get his life together. This is the first time Matt has had to deal with the death of a close friend and it's not easy for him. Zac liked "Big Dan" because he was just a big kid himself.
    I also got a text from my friend in GA that has terminal anal cancer to let me know she had "bad news" and would post it on her Caring Bridge later. She had a scan today to see if the latest trial chemo she was on was helping. It doesn't sound like it. Cancer sucks.

Unklescott, so sorry to hear of Matt's friend and about your GA friend. I know that you have already been missing Zac so much that this additional news is not easy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3899679;
    I am from Oklahoma and we were spared any of the bad. My daughter lives in Norman and they were all around her. The house they are buying near McCloud had tornados there but the house was okay. Prayers for all who suffered loss.
    That is good news. My thoughts are with those who suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3900463;
    Matt just called to let me know that a friend of his since elementary school was found dead in his apartment this morning. Dan had some health issues earlier this year with his lungs and was hospitalized at that time. So far no official world on the cause. Matt is kind of freaking out about this. Dan was a harmless good old boy who hadn't quite grown up yet. Matt tried to help him out as much as possible and help him get his life together. This is the first time Matt has had to deal with the death of a close friend and it's not easy for him. Zac liked "Big Dan" because he was just a big kid himself.
    I also got a text from my friend in GA that has terminal anal cancer to let me know she had "bad news" and would post it on her Caring Bridge later. She had a scan today to see if the latest trial chemo she was on was helping. It doesn't sound like it. Cancer sucks.
    Unklescott - My thoughts are with You, Matt and your friends.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Unk, so sorry to hear all this bad news. My heart goes out to you all.

And so sorry to hear about the devastation in Oklahoma.

Life sure isn't fair. But at least we have friends that help us get through the bad times.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Love and healing thoughts to all who are dealing with bad news today.
    Count your blessings!

I'm very sorry to hear of your bad news Unk. You are so right... cancer sucks!!!

Bug, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like you have the right attitude. I pray your son comes out of this fine.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Haven't been on in what seems like ages. Real life drama entered the mix. So of a healing nature to all who are dealing with far greater issues than I am.

One of my sister's was hospitalized with what ended up being congestive heart failure. She is a cancer survivor (over 10 years) and a nurse. She came down with a cold that she just couldn't seem to kick...but figured, everyone has had strange long-lasting colds this winter. Took a week off work because she felt so lousy. Didn't feel any better when she went back to work so she went back to the doc who immediately called an ambulance and had her admitted to the hospital. She was there for a few days and then off work for another week. At the time, they weren't sure what was going on but it seems that a "perfect storm" situation occurred where she was under the weather from the cold, weakened immune system, and the after effects of the chemo and radiation she had years ago. So she is now on medications and under the care of a cardiologist and she may need to have two heart valves replaced. Have to wait and see for a few months if the meds do their trick.

Then my mom fell and landed on her face! She is still bruised and swollen three weeks now. Feels no pain, just looks like she and Mike Tyson got into it!

Then this is the most bizarre thing that has happened. On Easter Sunday night, I went online and had an email from one of our banks regarding suspected fraudulent charges on a credit card. Hmmmm. I looked through records and this was a card that we have not used in a good 2 years or so. Very strange. I found my card, but we could not find my husband's. So the bank closed that account, issued a new card and said that we were not responsible for these charges. Okay, thanks! Then a week later, I get yet another email from another credit card company inquiring about strange charges on yet another credit card. Hmmm. This is definitely strange. A lot of gas purchases, fast food purchases, drug store purchases, etc., just like what was on the first credit card. That account is now closed and a new card issued and they will eat the charges. I actually had that card in my wallet, but my husband couldn't find his! And when we looked for his, we found the first missing credit card....that was not there just a week before! So this really made us wonder who has been going through our stuff. So then we went for a few weeks with no more strange goings on. Until last Thursday! My daughter is presently on a cruise with one of her friends and that girl's parents. We wanted to take some money out of her savings account, and cash some birthday checks, so my husband went to grab her savings account book. It wasn't where we usually keep it. Oh boy! Hubs went to the bank and found out that someone used her bank book on April 12th and wiped out her savings account! Hub and the bank manager then went through pictures taken by the bank of every person who used the drive through that day and lo and behold doesn't he see a friend of my daughter's driving up and withdrawing the money from my daughter's account.

This really upset me....not so much because of the money involved....or even the criminal aspect of it all. I just couldn't believe that someone who has been a good, if not best, friend since junior high could actually have been so bold to do something like this....to my daughter! A lot of kids at school could be mean to this girl, but my daughter was always very nice to her, included her in activities, let her sit with her and her friends at lunch, invited her to parties, etc. Her other friends even commented that they could almost understand this girl doing something like this to THEM because of how they treated this girl, but not to my daughter...who always treated her nicely. Arghhh.

So needless to say, this girl is no longer a friend, not allowed over here, and we have changed the locks on our doors and are seriously thinking of putting in video cameras.....we can kind of imagine her coming up here some night and slashing tires or something! And we are still kind of sitting here wondering what will happen next.

She has posted some not so nice things on Facebook that I think apply to my daughter too. I would love to get into a Facebook war with her, but have to take the higher road. I am afraid if I say something to set her off, she will retaliate by doing something else to my daughter!

Her mom has since paid us back all the money that was taken out of the savings account. We told the cops about the credit cards and the bank incidents, so we will see what happens. I don't know if they will even do anything....since the amounts on the credit cards were less than $200 on each one and the mom paid us what was taken from the bank.

Talk about a learning lesson...not only for my daughter....but for us as well. All of our personal info, passports, credit cards, bank books are now locked in a safe. When daughter comes back from her cruise we will go back to the bank to open a new account.....and look into safety deposit boxes.

+ Reply to Thread