+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Glad you're able to keep your spirits up. Hope things continue to go smoothly. Happy Mother's Day.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am grinning with guarded optimism.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He ate almost half a bowl of menudo this morning, chips and one of those supplement drinks. He kept it all down, didn't feel gaggy or sick. We went shopping and bought sweats, pj's, socks and a new game for one of his game things to play while waiting at the hospital. He started to get a little pain so I took him home and he's napping. Tomorrow he will be going to school. I have asked his g/f to play body guard so that no one horsing around might bump into him accidentally. We wouldn't want the "twin" to begin to bleed at all. I'll go in after I get things sorted out at work and let the school know he may be out for a while. Hopefully since it is nearly the end of the school year, they will graduate him regardless of whether he is there or not.

The g/f is freaking out so I've asked her to keep her sadness, etc. to herself or just her family. Right now he really needs all the positive influence he can get. Is it Tuesday yet? The days just seem to be dragging right now!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3897899;
    He ate almost half a bowl of menudo this morning, chips and one of those supplement drinks. He kept it all down, didn't feel gaggy or sick. We went shopping and bought sweats, pj's, socks and a new game for one of his game things to play while waiting at the hospital. He started to get a little pain so I took him home and he's napping. Tomorrow he will be going to school. I have asked his g/f to play body guard so that no one horsing around might bump into him accidentally. We wouldn't want the "twin" to begin to bleed at all. I'll go in after I get things sorted out at work and let the school know he may be out for a while. Hopefully since it is nearly the end of the school year, they will graduate him regardless of whether he is there or not.

The g/f is freaking out so I've asked her to keep her sadness, etc. to herself or just her family. Right now he really needs all the positive influence he can get. Is it Tuesday yet? The days just seem to be dragging right now!
    Here is something that I hope brings a smile to Victor. Joey eating a Dorito.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Bug, keep on keeping on. I tried to send you a message via facebook and I can't access your page tonight for some reason. FB throwing another one of it's tantrums I guess. Anyway, sending good thoughts and prayers.
    And yes, the g/f needs to keep the drama to herself and her family, not in front of your son.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Buglover, I'll be thinking of you and your son. Keep us posted.

Three meals down and he kept them in!!! Spirits are high, spent the evening playing video games with a neighbor and is heading to school tomorrow to spend the day in his classes and pick up the work he missed. Tomorrow I will email the principal about what is going on and then hopefully on to the hospital in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Once I know more I can inform the principal about his schedule and whether or not he will be returning to classes. Is it Tuesday?? lolol
    Yup, with donuts!!

Hi Bug. I'm sorry to hear that your son has to go through this ordeal. I hope everything goes very well at the doctor today. I'll be sending out positive thoughts to you, Victor, and everyone else involved!!!

Bug, Sending good vibrations to you and Victor and family and friends. Will light some candles for you!!

Yippee!! Just got our appt with the oncologist at Children's Hospital for tomorrow the 11th at 9:30am. All the other doctors/clinics have faxed over their records so all we have to bring is the medication he is taking and the CD rom copy of the CT scan. We have to leave here at 6:30am to get there in plenty of time but at this point who cares about a few hours of sleep!! I have barely slept since this started. I don't know if they will keep him/admit him for surgery tomorrow, run more tests or what but just getting to this next step is satisfying. He went to school today and got his work from teachers. He also explained what he is going through and that he is going to have major surgery. I'll talk to the school tomorrow once I know more about how this is going to go down.

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers. He's in bed right now because he had a little pain from being on his feet most of the day. He's in good spirits although we didn't get to get his haircut today. He really wanted to just buzz it all off so it wouldn't get greasy in the hospital. Maybe I'll find a place near the hospital and just take him during a break from the doctor visit.

My family is almost all O- blood type so we will have blood on hand if needed. His stepmother is asking her family to see if any of them are that blood type as well. I see light at the end of this "not knowing" tunnel. Next step will be recovery and healing. I'll try to get on tomorrow to let you all know what the oncologist says. Hubby has an Iphone so I might be able to do it. If not, I'll email Bunny and she can keep you posted.

Thanks again!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread