+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;3846260;
    Sounds like your son has no problem with his baby's mommy or her behavior--so unless there is abuse or neglect it's not really your business. I am not sure why your FIL allows them to live there if the woman disrespects him. That would be a 'NO' in my world. Nobody gonna hate on my parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles.
    Well, she told my son she didn't want to be in a one on one relationship and left. Took the baby. She has been gone for about a week and a half, she kept the baby for the first 3 days. My son and us have had the baby since then. My son took the baby back Sunday and Monday night he had her again, cause "mama" was to sick to take care of her. I don't know that she will stay gone or if she will try and get back with him, but I can tell you all the tension is gone and everyone is back to talking and spending time together again. We are all just going to enjoy this time and if she does come back and he lets her, well, we will just enjoy the time we have left with him before he goes to basic. Thanks to all who listen and weighed in. I truly appreciate ALL the comments!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Melitta, glad that you have access for now! I hope that continues after he is in basic training. She sounds real immature to me-not knowing what she wants. She still should be treating everyone around w/respect. Maybe she's onto another relationship.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3856611;
    Melitta, glad that you have access for now! I hope that continues after he is in basic training. She sounds real immature to me-not knowing what she wants. She still should be treating everyone around w/respect. Maybe she's onto another relationship.
    And maybe she'll leave the baby behind with you. Not sure how that would work for you, but surely would be better for the baby. Just be sure you have the power to make medical decisions and stuff....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3856611;
    And maybe she'll leave the baby behind with you. Not sure how that would work for you, but surely would be better for the baby. Just be sure you have the power to make medical decisions and stuff....
    Hope all goes well with your son and the military,
    SOrry for the double post....got interrupted before I finished, but apparently it posted anyway.

Thanks everyone! At the moment, she "seems" to have moved on. Supposidly, she has a job that she starts soon. Not sure if she has a babysitter lined up or what. I am thinking she won't end up working cause, 1. Doesn't have anyone to babysit 2. Will find something "stupid" about the job or 3. They ended up giving the job to someone else. Those have been all her excuses before.

As far as the baby, I am still raising my kiddos who are 9 and 12, but I would take her. My youngest step son who is 20 and his girlfriend that he has been with for almost 2 years now (she's 22), have said they would take her. They are raising her 3 year old son, so not a huge change in lifestyle for them. We would definatley get her taken care of and get her some stability if it comes to that.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

A good friend and fellow teacher told me today she's been diagnosed with colon cancer. I knew she was having testing done. They have to do more tests to see if it has spread, but she's going to have to do the whole chemo/radiation treatment starting soon. She asked if she could have my colorful wigs (of course), and wanted coaching on how to tell her son. She's a single mom, but he's in his 20's - recently married. She doesn't have a lot of friends, so I'll be doing a lot of the hand-holding. She watched her mom die from the same thing, so she's terrified. I'm just sick about this. She feels that it's terminal, but I'm trying to get her to hold off on those thoughts until she's had more tests.
    Count your blessings!

Gut,
    My heart goes out to your friend and fellow teacher.
    You said that her Mom had died from it. Did your friend, then, have testing to see if she had it, or was it picked up in a non routine test?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm sure you know my feelings on that Gut. I have an internet friend in GA who has anal cancer and things don't look very promising at all for her. My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her family. Cancer sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3863787;
    Gut,
    My heart goes out to your friend and fellow teacher.
    You said that her Mom had died from it. Did your friend, then, have testing to see if she had it, or was it picked up in a non routine test?
    I'd rather not be too graphic, but she had some bleeding issues and had it checked out. Of course it brings up my own cancer memories which I try to push away. I do have some resources, books, etc. I can share. And I know that just being there is the biggest thing.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Gutmutter -- Haven't posted for a while but have been reading. Being there for your friend is the biggest thing. I was "there" for one of my friends who fought for 10 years before she passed away. I did everything I could for her: sent cards, brought her little things, took her places she needed to go when I could, ran errands, etc. When she died, it was a sadness but a relief because she was in pain. The one thing I took away from the experience was that as hard as it was, it was better for me to have done it the way I did than to leave her when she needed me.

I wish your friend Godspeed and the same to you.

+ Reply to Thread