+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

IMO the best advice of all came from the wife:
    "He has no balls, He needs to grow up and be a man.
    'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3845450;
    I was wondering how come my step son joined. SHE doesn't want the kid, so why doesn't SHE join and let him be home with the baby? Makes more sense to me.
    Good idea. Then she could run as much as she wants!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow, Melitta, what a can of worms! You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Maybe a stoic acceptance of what is would help. You can disagree, just not in ear shot. She sounds like a controlling machine. Good luck. I know my mouth would be in trouble in a heartbeat-she'd ban me within 100 feet of her!

Sounds like your son has no problem with his baby's mommy or her behavior--so unless there is abuse or neglect it's not really your business. I am not sure why your FIL allows them to live there if the woman disrespects him. That would be a 'NO' in my world. Nobody gonna hate on my parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles.

I recall a while back a discussion about liver problems (I have an enlarged liver). Anyway, I've started taking milk thistle capsules which are supposed to aid in repairing damaged livers and damned if they aren't doing just that - just a few days and the thing seems to be shrinking. I'm also drinking a cup of dandelion leaf (not root) tea every morning. Also supposed to be helpful and doesn't taste much different from green tea.

Just a little potentially helpful info for others with the same issue.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

That's great news Rattus. I hope it continues to improve.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks for sharing that information Rattus. I have never heard of dandelion tea, I googled the benefits of dandelion, and was surprised.

What exactly is the leaf tea? Is it crushed leaves, or is it in an actual tea bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3852499;
    I recall a while back a discussion about liver problems (I have an enlarged liver). Anyway, I've started taking milk thistle capsules which are supposed to aid in repairing damaged livers and damned if they aren't doing just that - just a few days and the thing seems to be shrinking. I'm also drinking a cup of dandelion leaf (not root) tea every morning. Also supposed to be helpful and doesn't taste much different from green tea.

Just a little potentially helpful info for others with the same issue.
    Rattus! - I'm so glad you've found something that helps! I hope you continue to improve your health with these additions.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3853733;
    Thanks for sharing that information Rattus. I have never heard of dandelion tea, I googled the benefits of dandelion, and was surprised.

What exactly is the leaf tea? Is it crushed leaves, or is it in an actual tea bag?
    The stuff I buy comes in tea bag form, but as soon as we get a crop in the backyard I'm going to dry my own. It is ridiculously expensive - $9 for 16 bags. It will actually be more potent freshly dried, anyway. So once I get some dried leaves ground up I will dig out my old tea-ball and bring it and a jar of the tea to work.

For anyone afraid to try it (I had the box on my desk for about a month before I got up the nerve ), it doesn't really taste markedly different from green tea.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Thanks for the info Rattus. I'll have to look for it and try it.

+ Reply to Thread