+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1578Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

I agree with all of the above to be careful. Very careful. The fact that he suggested (as I read it) that you should meet him at a (probably) deserted resevoir (given it is Sunday between 8 and 9 am) where he's going to have a truck.... plus the phone # thing... scary.
    BUT I'm also with Gut in that he may just be a dating klutz...long out of practice. I'm assuming here that you are single, his sister knows it, and that she had your unlisted #, and maybe didn't even know it was unlisted--or if she did figured if you gave him your cell what was the difference.
    I'm not sure what the next step should be... maybe the facebook challenge is the right way to go. Although if you are in touch with the sister I guess I'd ask if he got the # from her. Getting that # is the creepiest thing, and if it has an innocent explanation a lot of the rest goes away. However, even if he was thinking that a resevoir walk with is dog would be a nice low pressure way to reconnect in a pretty place, I'd not meet him except in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3842074;
    . . . I am unlisted!

Suffice it to say that I am completely creeped out over this. . .
    If your "creepy meter" is going off -- trust it. Dump this guy as tactfully as possible, but lose him. Your intuition is telling you this for a reason.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I am with Gut on this one. If you do not want anything to do with him, then just tell him. If he continues after that then there may be a problem. Why not call him and meet in a public place. I am having many from 30 yrs ago contacting me on facebook,some I communicate with. It has been fun catching up.
    There's no place like home!

Thanks everyone for your input on this. Our house phone rang at nearly 3:00 a.m. yesterday morning. My 17 year old son got to it before I could. His side of the conversation that I could hear went like this: "Dude, are you seriously asking to talk to my mom at this hour? I don't know who you are but you won't call here again" I wish I had gotten to the phone before he did .....I hadn't told my kids about this so there were many questions.

I haven't written back to him yet but I am going to ask how he knows my home number and address. I lost touch with his sister a long time ago, which was why I gave him my cell number. I thought I could find out where she is.

I am definitely not interested in him and regret telling him we could talk. Our parents were friends and I never thought the request for my number was anythig more than a friendly gesture. For what it's worth, I did a search on him today and turns out he was arrested last summer after a domestic disrurbance at his home
    Last edited by Bunny555; 03-01-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3842891;
    Thanks everyone for your input on this. Our house phone rang at nearly 3:00 a.m. yesterday morning. My 17 year old son got to it before I could. His side of the conversation that I could hear went like this: "Dude, are you seriously asking to talk to my mom at this hour? I don't know who you are but you won't call here again" . . .

. . . I am definitely not interested in him and regret telling him we could talk.

. . . did a search on him today and turns out he was arrested last summer after a domestic disrurbance at his home
    Seems to me that your son's answering the 3AM call was a big stroke of good luck. With further luck, your son scared off the creep and he won't call again. Bravo to your son!

Geez Bunny555 - I take back everything I said. Calling at 3 a.m. is over the top. I'm also glad your son answered. I hope he has a deep voice. The domestic violence thing is another red flag (duh). Message him at facebook and tell him not to contact you again. Then delete him from your friends.
    Count your blessings!

First instincts are usually correct.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3843049;
    Message him at facebook and tell him not to contact you again. Then delete him from your friends.
    And, for good measure, block him.

Bunny, just don't even write him back--I don't think you owe him any explanation or courtesy. To idiots like this, ANY contact is "good", and he will keep writing or calling even to say "WHY" and "PLEASE" and all the other creepy begging to see or be online friends with you. And being online pals won't be enough for him, if he's stupid enough to call that late at night.
    It doesn't matter how he got your info, because he will lie about it to keep you from stopping him doing it again. And if he keeps sending emails after you haven't written back in a couple of days, call the police and make a report, making sure they understand about the 3 am phone call, and that it's not just email.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3843180;
    Bunny, just don't even write him back--I don't think you owe him any explanation or courtesy. To idiots like this, ANY contact is "good", and he will keep writing or calling even to say "WHY" and "PLEASE" and all the other creepy begging to see or be online friends with you. And being online pals won't be enough for him, if he's stupid enough to call that late at night.
    It doesn't matter how he got your info, because he will lie about it to keep you from stopping him doing it again. And if he keeps sending emails after you haven't written back in a couple of days, call the police and make a report, making sure they understand about the 3 am phone call, and that it's not just email.
    BLOCK Him cell and home!

+ Reply to Thread