+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree966Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

How horrible. They are in my thoughts.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I don't have too many troubles. I am relatively young and nobody I know is dying or anything. I can be grateful for that. But my younger sister is annoying me. She only calls me when she needs something or wants to vent. It is a tiring relationship that we have so I am going through the process of really stepping away from her. It is tough to do but it has got to be done.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3810445;
    I don't have too many troubles. I am relatively young and nobody I know is dying or anything. I can be grateful for that. But my younger sister is annoying me. She only calls me when she needs something or wants to vent. It is a tiring relationship that we have so I am going through the process of really stepping away from her. It is tough to do but it has got to be done.
    Well, if she's very young, it could just be that she's very self-absorbed as many of us are at that age.
    If she's not very young, you may still want to cut her some slack unless she is really mean spirited.
    People come and go in our lives, but sisters don't.
    Good Luck and I hope it works out with her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh thanks. She is young. But I think she has a personality disorder and it will only get worse as she ages. And it has been getting worse through the years. She is 22. I love the idea of "blood is thicker than water" but if family brings me down, then I'll take the water. If that makes sense. Thanks for the support!
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3810490;
    Oh thanks. She is young. But I think she has a personality disorder and it will only get worse as she ages. And it has been getting worse through the years. She is 22. I love the idea of "blood is thicker than water" but if family brings me down, then I'll take the water. If that makes sense. Thanks for the support!
    You're very welcome.
    Yes, I do understand.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ana I'm so very sorry. What a terrible tragedy. As the mother of twin girls, I am horrified and devastated for that poor family. My heart goes out to them.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. As you can imagine, this family is poor. A single dad, raising 2 kids on a low paying job and from what I gather-- have lost everything. The boys both attend college at the University of Michigan-Flint and their fraternity has gone to work establishing an account for donations to help them. Mike posted his thanks on facebook last night, and the story has now made it's way to the media. It seems the community is really rallying around this family which is a beautiful thing.
    I live just outside of Flint, Michigan. The economy is horrible (much like everywhere) because our jobs are mainly automotive based businesses. To see people come together when one of their own is hurting makes me realize again why we have never moved away. This small town really is a great place to raise a family in spite of the reputation and bad press we often get.
    When you see your neighbor today, smile and say hello. They may just smile back at you.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Ana, sending thoughts and prayers to you and yours, and to the family.

Ana how nice that the community is rallying around this family. People can be so good to each other, and it's times like this that make me feel hopeful.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3810445;
    My sister and I haven't spoken in 5 years. Very similar situation that just got worse and worse. Finally got where she would just say NASTY things to me. Once our parents were gone, it got really, really bad. I do NOT feel guilty for removing her from my life. It was a toxic relationship and I am better off not having her in my life.
    Just because it's family doesn't mean you have to put up with it. Granted my situation is extreme. I hate that you are going through this. You can try talking to her. Or giving her distance and hoping that time will change things. But if you feel you have to do what I did, don't feel guilty.
    I look at things this way. My sister is missing out on a pretty terrific sister and neice because of how she acted. I am missing out on anger, resentment, close mindedness, etc. It's HER loss, not mine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread