+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Better news than what I was expecting. My sister's breast cancer has moved to her spine and one spot on one of her femurs. They believe they can treat it chronically (on-going rather than life ending). She's receive an infusion (to help her bones gain density) and a shot (I don't know why). Once a month. She seems very positive. So, thanks everyone!

Famita,
    That is wonderful news, indeed.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yes it is!
    My Mom has been getting treatment for 3 years now, with just pills. We never dreamed that once she started this treatment that her cancer would remain stable for this long, and has had very few side effects beyond losing about half her hair. Also, the medicine was EXTREMELY expensive, and with changes my DAD had to make to his insurance we were worried about that expense, but they got a real blessing--the pills, at least for now, went DOWN to $35 a month.

So, keep hanging in there, famita. With the options available today, many cancer patients are having results that no one even dreamed about as little as 10 or 15 years ago. I hope your sister is one of them, and you and she have my prayers.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Famita and Queenb, that's great news about both your loved ones.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Last evening, a good family friend's home caught on fire. Living at the house is a dad, and 2 sons-Mike and Matt-identical twins, 19 years old. Mike was recently elected to our school board. Matt, sadly, was missing. Mike had sent messages to his friends, called everyone, and didn’t know that Matt was in the basement all the while. Unfortunately, several hours after the fire had started, firefighters discovered a body that has now been identified as Matt. It is presumed that the fire started in the basement, Matt attempted to put it out, was overcome by the smoke, and perished. Mike, had went back into the burning home to rescue his pets, not knowing Matt was inside. He frantically called and sent text messages to their friends looking for Matt--and nobody knew where Matt was. Today, as you can only begin to imagine, this family is trying to deal with this horrific tragedy. These boys are good friends of my own son, and were quite inseparable as most twins are.
    Please keep this family in your thoughts as they struggle to deal with this horrible event.
    Thanks-

Oh Ana, how awful. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow. I can only imagine the pain they are going through. Thoughts and prayers to their family and yours.
    Count your blessings!

Ana, I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Ana Banana, I am so sorry to read of this tragic lose that has hit so close to home. All of you are in my prayers. I feel so bad for Matt's twin and his parents.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Ana Such a tragedy. They are in my thoughts

+ Reply to Thread