+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394959697981381885881088 ... LastLast
Like Tree1973Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Thanks to all again. Since my divorce and move to the next town over, I don't have my old circle of friends. I really, really appreciate the support I'm getting here. I had the diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound the same day (after looking at the mammogram, she ordered the ultrasound on the spot). I heard them say, "Look at that thing in the center". Of course they didn't explain themselves to me. As for pain, I started prodding myself on the other breast to see if it was different, and I'm not sure now that it isn't just tender breasts in general. sigh. I'm still holding on to that 80% not cancerous statistic. I put Mischief's website on my favorites and go there when I have questions. MSN homepage today has a good article, too. I feel more educated now on the other things it could be and will try to stay focused with deep breathing whenever I start to panic. Remember - May 31 is the test day. (the day after Memorial Day). So keep me in your thoughts then. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

, and you'll be in my thoughts. Waiting is really awful but you're right, odds are it is nothing. Try to keep busy with things...schedule something special for yourself.

Ha! I don't need to try to keep busy... this is the busiest time of year for teachers and parents... sports banquets, field trips, plays, spring concerts, state testing, sub plans, gardening (I spent 4 1/2 hours mowing yesterday because we've had 5 rainy weekends in a row - I have a huge set of lawns), physicals for camp - you get the picture. Thanks for the hugs canuck.
    Count your blessings!

I'm sorry to hear about that, Gutmutter. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Us Forters are here for you.

CCL
    for gutmutter. I hope everything is okay. Did you tell your daughters? I think it is important to have support in "real life" as well, especially from those closest to you. My mom was diagnosed with cancer last year and it was hard (and scary) but I'm glad she told me early on (as an aside, she had surgery & is fine). I'm a few years older than your daughters though and you know them & your situation best. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope May 31st brings good news.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ok Gut...well maybe slow down a little then!! Wow, your lawn must be huge. Anyways, do something nice for yourself, even if it is only something small like a nice bubble bath or something.

CCL- I haven't told my kids yet, but I'll have to soon since they'll want to know why I'm not going to Canada. I'll play up the 80% statistic which I've heard several times now since Miscief mentioned it.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    CCL- I haven't told my kids yet, but I'll have to soon since they'll want to know why I'm not going to Canada. I'll play up the 80% statistic which I've heard several times now since Miscief mentioned it.
    Good. Though you could always tell them Canada is a too-cold country with funny coloured money where everyone lives in igloos and eats whale meat and speaks only French and so you can't possibly visit and spend your money there thus encouraging them to continue as a sovereign nation. Kidding, of course!

Positive thinking is key. We often automatically think the worst is going to happen and that's not always the case. The website Mischief recommeneded sounds like it has a lot of good information.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Too funny, CCL. But Gut, she does have an idea.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My troubles? Work, in general, sucks.

+ Reply to Thread