+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

famita are you the youngest sibling in your family? I am, and it always seems I'm the last to know any news and when I get news, they water it down to try and shelter me I don't know why, because if something really bad happens I'm the one that usually has to pick up the pieces.
    My sister had a cancer scare several years ago, and I had to get my information over the I'm fine hotline too. Hers turned out okay, but it was still frustrating to not be there in person and see with my own eyes and hear with my own ears what was really going on.
    Just try not to let your fears get the best of you. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

itg, no, I'm the middle. My older sister (by 14 months) is the one w/cancer and my younger sister (by 11 years) is the designated caller. I called yesterday and she is out of the hospital. Her appointment w/ oncologist was moved back by a week so we'll now know next Fri. I'm mostly frustrated because I can't be there. I'm sure they don't mean to keep me in the dark, but they're discussing things and I know they think I already know what they're saying to each other (by osmosis?!)

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3789615;
    itg, no, I'm the middle. My older sister (by 14 months) is the one w/cancer and my younger sister (by 11 years) is the designated caller. I called yesterday and she is out of the hospital. Her appointment w/ oncologist was moved back by a week so we'll now know next Fri. I'm mostly frustrated because I can't be there. I'm sure they don't mean to keep me in the dark, but they're discussing things and I know they think I already know what they're saying to each other (by osmosis?!)
    They may be having to repeat the information so much that they forget who they have told what too.
    I know its hard not to be able to be there, but your sister knows that you love her and would be with her if you could.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3789615;
    I'm sure they don't mean to keep me in the dark, but they're discussing things and I know they think I already know what they're saying to each other (by osmosis?!)
    Of course-- the rest of the family knows, how could you not?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

again, I figure they think I'm learning through osmosis! I'm trying to have a sense of humor, but the humor isn't working yet!

Famita, my family does the same thing. "When * had her surgery last month.." "um, what?!?!" I finally lost it over Christmas when talking to my mom. Her response "Oh, I just assumed you knew all these things because everyone else did" Hello, it does not transmit via DNA, it requires things like phones and computers. Sheesh.
    Wag more, bark less

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Wow, same thing here. I'm the youngest, and a lot of times my mother will say, "did you know about..." and I have to say, "no, nobody bothered telling me."

Ditto on the "but I'm still the one who has to pick up all the pieces." Last to know, first to do anything about it.

Well, my own bit of troubles. I am a member of two Freecycle type groups. I'm getting ready to move so I'm offering tons of things rather than try to make $$ off of all of it on Craigslist, etc.

I had about 7 bags of things on the porch today, arranging pickup with several people. Someone came by and helped themselves either to their stuff and one other person's, or to their item and 4 other people's items.

(I gave my address to two people. 3 bags that disappeared were all offered to one person, plus one bag she wasn't offered. I think she's lying when she claims she didn't get my e-mail with my address at all, came by, took her stuff, plus the other item. Otherwise, it would have been one person who was offered 1 item - AND took 4 other bags not meant for her. Not as likely.)

I can't believe this kind of greed and thievery. It's so disheartening, I'm probably just going to put everything on the curb from now on and let it go to trash.

Fierce,
    I'm sorry to hear that - especially your disillusion with some out there who give others a bad name.
    I learned several years ago not to give anything away for free. It seems to bring out the worst in certain people.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3795893;
    I can't believe this kind of greed and thievery. It's so disheartening, I'm probably just going to put everything on the curb from now on and let it go to trash.
    That is awful. People should NOT make it so difficult to be nice!! Maybe if you deal with multiple people again you can tell them to drop by on different days so you only have stuff out for one person at a time?

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I've got so much to giveaway, though. Every day it's a little of this, a little of that. I can't break it down between days.

Freecycle type groups make it easier to get rid of stuff, knowing it'll go to someone who can use the items I can't or won't anymore. I hate to lose it as a resource like this, but I'm just so fed-up with the thievery.

+ Reply to Thread