+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Yes, and no sleeping, relaxing, or thinking straight until they are out of my system either...3 more days. thanks for the sympathies, folks. I hate taking these things!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

My husband said to tell you congrats on the tent thing and he'd let you know how to fix the other when you're ready for some stew or gravy
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3781819;
    Steroids make me want to eat everything in sight.

A common reaction, and if you have to stay on them long-term, the weight gain is enormous. You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming before I'd go on them other than the dose-pak which is good if you get shingles (God forbid -- I've had shingles and it is awful).

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3782020;
    A common reaction, and if you have to stay on them long-term, the weight gain is enormous. You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming before I'd go on them other than the dose-pak which is good if you get shingles (God forbid -- I've had shingles and it is awful).
    My mom was on them long term and also got the "moon face" that is common to them and the enormous appetite.

I was on them for just a couple days when I had the dental surgery and even though my mouth hurt, I felt like I could NOT get enough to eat. I was devouring everything in sight.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My DH takes them..10mg per day for his lungs. He has been on them for years! In all honestly if he ever tried to get off the prednisone it would probably kill him.

Went to eye doc for a checkup and the pressure in my eyes is at 28. So I'm doing followup testing today and so far its still 28.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3783037;
    Went to eye doc for a checkup and the pressure in my eyes is at 28. So I'm doing followup testing today and so far its still 28.

Been there and done that. Have you been on any eyedrops or are you taking steroids? Don't fool with this -- sounds like you may have the beginnings of glaucoma. Sounds frightening, but I have it under control with one drop of a liquid med in my eyes each night. Pressure has been normal for years doing that. Glaucoma will take your peripheral vision so don't ignore this. Sorry to stick my nose in here, but that pressure no. is way off the charts. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3781819;
    Steroids make me want to eat everything in sight.
    I've been on Nasonex for a few years. I believe that is a steroid. Does anyone know? I've put on about 20 solid pounds-- by solid I mean THEY WONT LEAVE no matter how I diet! I'm now wondering if Nasonex has enough steroid in it to affect my weight... Is anyone familiar with this? I'd rather suffer allergies than keep up this weight (on top of the other weight I already needed to lose!)

FORT Fogey

2010 is supposed to be a decade free of my evil ex-boyfriend. I can change my phone number as soon as tomorrow. He texted me today! No! He always knows how to ruin everything!

I'm giving up my Splenda addiction today. I have been using since it came out and use quite a bit. It is supposed to take 2 weeks to get it out of your system - and I am hoping it will help with my memory problems and joint problems. I'm finally admitting that it may be contributing, instead of just aging.
    Today is day 1. I will need encouragement. I use it in coffee (cutting back, and using real sugar) , it is in my coke (water can only be better).

I am going back to school, and I know that I used to remember what I read so much better. Hoping this will help.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3784866;
    I've been on Nasonex for a few years. I believe that is a steroid. Does anyone know? I've put on about 20 solid pounds-- by solid I mean THEY WONT LEAVE no matter how I diet! I'm now wondering if Nasonex has enough steroid in it to affect my weight... Is anyone familiar with this? I'd rather suffer allergies than keep up this weight (on top of the other weight I already needed to lose!)
    It definitely contains steroid. Whether it is a dose that would contribute to weight gain, I don't know and the information i just read had no mention of weight gain at all. I would ask my doctor. While I have a perscription for Nasonex, it's not something I take on a regular basis. However, I have never noticed steroids affecting my desire for food. Of course, I could just be oblivious to an increase in my eating habits while on steroids.

+ Reply to Thread