+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 1243 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293949596971371875871087 ... LastLast
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Gut, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Marley, I hope things work out with your situation.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Well, I got my phone taken away because I came in the house really late last night from a Met's Game. Instead of phoning home or asking if I could Iw ent and got something to eat with some friends. My parents were beasting. My dad called Deshon's phone and everything saying that we can't talk no more and stuff. I am still going to becuase it is not his fault what happened. When I tried to explain that to Daddy he hit me. I just not going to say anything about it. Of course I spoke to Mommy and she understood just like she always does. I am lucky to have a mom like that. I don't know about daddy. I don't care though and I am not sweating it.

I also got into an argument with Deshon today. We have some major trust issues. He lied to me, hid stuff from me and all that. I could not believe it. I felt so bad because he was so sad that he hurt me. We talked about it and had a mediation with the guidance counselor. She's mad cool SHOUT OUT TO MS. BREMMER! We all good. I love him a lot and he loves me a lot. I really want this to work.

Any advice?
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by J1NVUPatricia
    Well, I got my phone taken away because I came in the house really late last night from a Met's Game. Instead of phoning home or asking if I could Iw ent and got something to eat with some friends. My parents were beasting. My dad called Deshon's phone and everything saying that we can't talk no more and stuff. I am still going to becuase it is not his fault what happened. When I tried to explain that to Daddy he hit me. I just not going to say anything about it. Of course I spoke to Mommy and she understood just like she always does. I am lucky to have a mom like that. I don't know about daddy. I don't care though and I am not sweating it.

I also got into an argument with Deshon today. We have some major trust issues. He lied to me, hid stuff from me and all that. I could not believe it. I felt so bad because he was so sad that he hurt me. We talked about it and had a mediation with the guidance counselor. She's mad cool SHOUT OUT TO MS. BREMMER! We all good. I love him a lot and he loves me a lot. I really want this to work.

Any advice?

I think the situation with your father is more serious than our situation with your boyfriend. I hope your dad doesnt routinely hit you. I cant relate to your situation at all so I dont know if I would be giving the best advice

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Callie - things will work out and you will look back on this one day as an experience that moved you on in your life. I hope this isn't too heavy for this forum, but I found a lump in my breast while showering 2 weeks ago. The doctor played phone tag with me for a week before I got in and scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram. Immediately they wanted to do a sonogram and brought in the radiologist. She said it doesn't look like a cyst and ordered a biopsy - that couldn't be scheduled until May 31. I'm supposed to chaperone a field trip to Quebec the 4 days after that. I have lots and lots of questions and worries. If breast cancer is possible, why can't they get me in for a biopsy for 2 weeks? She asked if I had taken a blow to the area recently. What does that mean? What are the other scenarios besides the worst? I'm a single mom with 3 teenagers - one in college. How/when do I tell my babies? Any advice (and hugs) would be much appreciated.

Oh Gutmutter, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, they caught this in time if it is something to be worried about. The waiting sucks. I hope they get a cancellation and can get you in sooner. If you ever need someone to talk to, I am only a pm away
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gut, I'm sorry you're going through this right now. I know the waiting is horrible, because I also went through this scenario. My lump turned out to be a cyst, but it was scary until I got the biopsy back. Please try not to jump to the state of fear, and hopefully you'll get good news at the end of this road. Good luck, and keep us informed, okay?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Again, it's hard to express how much the support you've given me here means, especially since I've chosen not to share it with folks in real time. I am strengthened by your stories and hugs. I'll keep in touch and let you know as soon as I know something. The spot is achey and tender which I've heard is not usually a sign of cancer, but then again you can't rule it out because of that. I'm trying not to worry, and it is such a busy time of year I go whole hours without thinking about it. Waking up in the morning is the worst time - coming to the realization all over again that something is not right. Thank you all again. You are true friends.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I forgot all about the pain thing. Mine was also sore and tender, and they did indeed tell me that was actually a good sign. Hopefully it will mean good things for you, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

You are in my prayers, Gutmutter.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm sorry to hear that Gutmutter, I'll send some thoughts and prayers your way

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    We're doing state testing today so I had to wait until lunch to come back here... you guys are so wonderful. I can't even tell you. I'm tearing up just reading your responses. Thank you, especially to Mischief for the statistics and website. My kids at home are both scheduled to go on school field trips for 4-5 days in the very near future so I don't want to worry them right away. I have a class full of kids right now taking a test, so i can't stay, but I will be back around 2. thanks again
    Aw, Gut!!! This is just terrible!!! I'm so, so sorry that you're going through this right now.

You know you can call on me if you need anything at all -- anything from a real, live person. I'd help in any way that I can.

I went through this very problem in March 2004 and it was GUT-wrenching (yeah, I admit -- the pun was intended!). It really was terribly difficult.

I had pain, like you, and my docs said the same thing -- that the fact that it was painful was a very good sign.

The time you spend waiting for tests and results is the worst -- and over the course of one agonizing month I had two mammograms and an ultrasound, all of which came back looking positive.

Finally the biopsy came back negative -- so the biopsy can be a very GOOD thing to have done!!

I thought Mischief's post was "right on," and I hope you refer back to it.

In the meanwhile, Powder, Tuxedo, Smudge, Panda, Casper, and I will all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Please let me know if you need anything at all, Gut.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NVUPatricia
    Well, I got my phone taken away because I came in the house really late last night from a Met's Game.

Any advice?
    Um, I hate to tell you this, J1, but around my neck of the woods you'd be punished for attending a Mets game way before you'd ever be punished for coming home late!!! Just sayin'.

+ Reply to Thread